Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does bordello (dark red/burgundy) seats in a coupe reduce resale value? I heard that non normal leather colors like this in the coupe can reduce the resale of the car by 5k. Is this true? Anyone had first hand experience trying to sell a bordello maserat?

Thanks,
Zearnold

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
why? what is "normal leather colors"?

color is a preference.

if your coupe is yellow and the seats are burgundy, yes it would reduce resale value.

red interior goes well with black, dark grey, (may be silver and white).
i can imagine how good looking a dark red leather headliner looks!

·
Registered
279 Posts
i agree with M!... i mean it's a personal preference... if any potential purchaser doesnt like it, they will probably need to go and find another car...

but most of the time, i find these sort of potential buyers to be hackling over the price... my C4S cab is silver and I have a black/red twin tone interior. i had a buyer coming up to me and said if i want to pursuade him to buy, i need to lower the price because of the interior colour... i told him to get lost and find himself another silver C4S cab.

dont worry... if you like it, that's all it matters!

·
Registered
528 Posts
While it may or may not reduce the value of the car, it would reduce the marketability of the car.
I am looking for a coupe now, with either a black or tan interior.
a red interior car would be passed over.

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you look at the Promotional Material released by Maserati, they feature a 2002 Silver Spyder with Red/Burgundy interior. I beleive this combination is the most "traditional" combination as far as vehicles go, so I do not think resale value is lowered.

BTW, I was told the true colour is traditionallycalled in Italy is"ox's blood ", not sure if it adds pizzaz, kinda morbid.

·
Registered
49 Posts
zearnold said:
Does bordello (dark red/burgundy) seats in a coupe reduce resale value? ......Anyone had first hand experience trying to sell a bordello maserat?
BTW, I was told the true colour is traditionallycalled in Italy is"ox's blood ", not sure if it adds pizzaz, kinda morbid.

"Bordello" in italian is "brothel" (yes!) and certainly not a translation of "bordeaux". "Amaranto" (more red) and "granata" (more brown) would be two italian names of colors that would be the equivalent of bordeaux. "Sangue di bue" (ox's blood) can also be used. In italian "sangue di bue" does not sound as morbid as in english. You may find people using it describing the color of a sweater or of a tie.

But bordeaux would probably be the most elegant way to call the color even by an italian, and that's the way Maserati calls it on the italian web site.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I Have always been of the opinion buy what you like and not for resale value.

If you love the red-- get it.

My coupe is Grigio Alfieri with Cuio. I love it, some think the interior is too orange.

Color combination can hurt resale but if that is a primary concern buy a Honda :)

-dsd

·
Registered
835 Posts
M! said:
...if your coupe is yellow and the seats are burgundy, yes it would reduce resale value...
yet again...color is a preference...I think that's exactly what I spec'd out initially...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Grigio Nuvolari with Bordeaux interior- I paid extra because I like it. Yes it is a personal taste but colour co-ordination is extremely important.
Most cars in germany are Black/blue/silver. Yellow or white or beige colour cars do not sell!
Certain colours were allocated to certain countries during the beginings of motorsport.e.g Red_Italy(Ferrari), Blue France (tour de France),BRG(British racing Green_UK,Silver_Germany.

small cars (fun Colours red/blue/green/yellow etc..

Red ext+cream iterior works well
Black ext +cream intior works well also
I saw a maserati with green interior once and IMHO looks awful.
A CHROME Audi/jag looks coool.
Aston Martin in traditional toothpaste green looks ugly. Aston Martin should be Gunmetal with bordeaux (as specified by Q branch).

There is only one colour for BMW-yes you've guessed :BLACK.
I do like the Estoril blue though.
Choosing a colour also gives information about personality traits.

"you can have it in any colour-as long as its Black!"..Henry Ford

·
Registered
742 Posts
Buy whatever color you love.... Then drive it....

At this level of the car game you should buy whatever color combo you love... Then enjoy the hell out of it.

I passed on three 04 Black coupes and two silver ones that were about $3,000 cheaper than the white one I bought. While I liked the black and silver ones, I just loved the car in white. The Tubi only sweetened the deal. My interior is all black with white piping and stitching, I have the metal petals and the console is silver...

My Maserati makes me smile. Personally, the residual or resale value is meaningless. Buy whatever makes you happy. CM

·
Registered
909 Posts
We've sold a couple of cars with the red interiors, and we are in one of the more conservative markets around. While there were in fact people that didn't like the color, I would say the objections were about par with Cuoio Sella, Blu Medio, Grigio Nickel tech fabric, or anything that isn't tan or black.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much, just pick something you like.

- Mark

·
Registered
681 Posts
Depends on, white Ferrari 348's, 328's, and 308's seem to have terrible resale where as white F355's get $10-20k premium. It may seem irrelevant to your question but color is preferance. Some people love burgundy interior and will pay premium for it whereas others will expect a discount.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Burgundy and silver go well together. Plenty of Alfa Spiders in that combo. The Maser burgundy looks especially tasty.

I think that the "Nieman Marcus" edition looked much more "bordello" with the ivory and the red piping. I was not around in th 1920s in Vienna, but it sure takes me back there ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I love all the red/bordeaux/saddle colurs -- to me they have a classic european car look...you sure ain't buying this thing for practicality, so get what you love.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Red Interior is a hot item right now. Ive been spotting more and more these days on all car makes, especially audi & mercedes. Most popula combinations have been Black, Silver, Grey exterior with red interior.

I personally dont like a red interior, but if you like it go for it. It might look pretty good if you do a little chrome on the outside.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bordeux interior exudes exotic luxury, great acquired taste, and uniquely italian.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts