Maserati Forum banner

does anyone have a kreis-sieg cat-back exhaust installed?

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  CDF 
sentax said:
Worth the price in your opinion?
Let's see, the cat-back F1 system sells for around $5k. If that seems like a lot, I'd recommend a cheaper alternative like Fuchs, Tubi, straight pipes, etc. (Fuchs sounds great, I miss mine even with the Kreis-sieg installed.)

But, if 5k is petty cash, it's probably worth the cost for the juvenile FUN of switching the F1 sound on and off. The Kreis-sieg is a glamorous toy and will pay you back in many unexpected ways. Whew, what an aphrodisiac to be working that on/off switch on dates. :)

On a downbeat note, installation is time consuming because a vacuum system wired to a cabin switch must be installed. There might be a few dealers who would balk at that.

Robb, yes I used Kreis-sieg pipes, dummy cats and mufflers back of the exhaust manifolds. I had to put in the European Maserati headers to make it fit. It's unclear what else besides just the Kreis-sieg mufflers the European Spyder in the video clip is running.

cardiffGiant said:
Has anyone had similar thoughts, or accomplished this by further replacing the center X pipe/resonator section with something else?
Sounds like what Robb did. BTW, if you like a raspy note listen to my sound clips. Screaming death machine or what?

Robb373 said:
...I am very happy with my straight pipes, but I like to sqeeze the most power and sound out of everything. It may cost me $5000 to do all this, but it sure will have been fun.
Thx, and very educational. You might own a Maserati when: your cheap thrills wind up costing big bucks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.