Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to know if anybody knows the weight difference between the gransport and the 4200gt, every magazine has 0-62 times being equal. I find it hard to believe, i know the difference in HP is not too great, but the interior is very sparce compared to the 4200gt, no console, no navigation etc.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Weight difference is almost non-existent... actually the Coupe Cambiocorsa is 10 kg. lighter than the Gransport.

The Gransport is 0.05 of a second faster than the Cambiocorsa I believe due to better exhaust and factory ECU tunning.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
To be honest, I'm not that fond of the GS styling vs the coupe. I don't really like the ground effects along the sides of the GS - I think they ruin the beautiful lines of the car...

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think I agree with you on the most part Rick.

I own a Coupe as well but there are some things from the GS that I would like to have, here is my take on the two...

EXTERIOR.
- I like the Coupe's front grill better than the one from the GS... IMO it is more like the classical Maserati grill and if I ever own a GS I would order it with the front grill in black, the chromed grill looks and feels like cheap plastic.

- I do like the GS's front spoiler and rear bumper but don't like the sideskirts... they are too extreme.

- I do like the GS's rear lip spoiler.

INTERIOR
- I like the GS's front seats and steering wheel but I like the Coupe's console better.

PERFORMANCE
- It is basically the same... bring me someone that would be able to feel the 0.05 second difference between the two.

- Weight difference although being minimal and is on the Coupe's side.

- The GS has 10 hp more and this is due to the upgraded exhaust and factory ECU tunning but I've installed the Tubi exhaust and a BMC filter... I think more than makes up for the 10hp.

In fewer words I would say: both cars are beautiful and IMO the ideal car would be a blend of the two.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for the detailed info, it was very interesting, I can't bite my toungue, but the styling difference between the coupe and the gs is non comparable. I live in LA(land of cars) and I have had more stares in the gs than any coupe. I have gone to restaurants and clubs and my GS is always left out front, while I have seen many coupes put with the rest. Not trying to talk badly about the coupe , but the GS package is much sexier and defintiely stands out. However saying that, i agree that the side skirts are a little eye catching, but that is what I love about them. Thank you again for the info.

·
Registered
187 Posts
PacoSaca said:
I've installed the Tubi exhaust and a BMC filter
thats a nice "well I've" Game you guys have going.
I am not going to start by telling you my car makes more power than yours, but I already have an exhaust and a dyno done; next week I will add the bmc and have it dyno'd so we can see about that 10hp. my money is on possibly 2 more hp with the filter, but I would love you guys to be right.

but I will say "I love my Rati more!!" what do you think about that?

have a great weekend,
Robb

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hey Steel... so you have a flux capacitor...???

...how can I beat a flux capacitor...???

I know...!!!
I have a feeling you guys out-weight me... I'm about 5' 11" and 170 lbs. that would make my car faster!!! you know... power/weight ratio!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
ok, I am now going on a diet, tearing out my rear seats AND ordering a flux capacitor from my friends company called "Delorian Motor Company" just to keep up with the "Joneses"!

see you all in 1985!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts