Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a 911 Targa owner, I use Mobil premium gasoline as specifiec. i was always told that Mobil gas and synthetic oil is the best. Being a Ferrari F1 fan, I can understand why the dealers and company recommend Shell and Agip as suggested gas and oil. Is Shell gasoline any good? Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I ask this because I am waiting for delivery of my Gransport. i am trading my Targa for it and curiouos if I should start putting shell gas into my maserati.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I never heard that shell gas thing, Only thing I find in my manual is to use I think, as I do have my book handy is 93 grade. I did read they recomend the Agip oil. I am using Sunnoco 94, Same gas i have used in all my cars

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've always used Chevron in my cars, but they are at 91 octane.

There is a specialty gas station here in west los angeles that offers hi performance gas, I belive 94, 97, and 100+ octane. They cater to V12's, Ferrari's etc.

I'm going to try the standard premium 91 & hi-octanes to see if there is a difference. Some of the guys who use the hi octane gas say the engine runs smoother and performs better.

·
Registered
252 Posts
checked my book and they say premium unleaded, no less than 93 R.O.N I remember a past car that said this and found that U.S.A octane rating is not R.O.N. We use a different formula and U.S.A 91 octane is at least as high as 93 R.O.N

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Do you use Shell Gasoline in your Maserati as they Sugge

Formula1 said:
Being a Ferrari F1 fan, I can understand why the dealers and company recommend Shell and Agip as suggested gas and oil. Is Shell gasoline any good?
Here in the UK, Shell offers 2 types of gasoline (or petrol as we call it) - 95RON unleaded and 98RON 'Optimax'. In my previous car (Honda S2000), I always filled with Optimax as did most of the owners on the web board.

What's amusing is that Shell & Ferrari do a lot of joint advertising & branding and claim to have jointly developed the Optimax fuel to get maximum performance etc etc.

When I picked up my 02 Spyder GT, I asked the dealer about the fuel - and he said they fill all of their cars up with regular unleaded, and for the type of engines in Ferrari & Maserati cars, they don't benefit from higher octane fuels. :lol:

Ewan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Shell Gas

Although I do not own a Maserati, I do own a new Mercedes C320 4Matic, I have had three Mercedes and I have only ever used Shell Gas, once i only went down to the local place, and you can really feel the difference, shell is also a cleaner burning fuel. So despite the high price tag it is overal highly recomended by myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
brandon_titaro
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing