Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to take delivery (in 3 weeks) of my new GT. However dealer not sure if it comes with an USB port to download music to the hard drive. Any one know about this? Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
About to take delivery (in 3 weeks) of my new GT. However dealer not sure if it comes with an USB port to download music to the hard drive. Any one know about this? Thanks.
Nope, didn't see one!! i hope it has one tough, now i have to put the CD's in, it reads them at 2x speed, but then it has to compress them, and that takes very long, at least 1x speed i think. if you stop the engine and remove the key, you lost the songs that weren't finished compressing.

They told me i need a software update and that it fixes some things with it..

the sound quality is great tough.. better than ipod, i have also the bose speakers, gosh darn it! i'm so elite, haha

·
Registered
56 Posts
........ if you stop the engine and remove the key, you lost the songs that weren't finished compressing.

If the key is removed only compressing is stopped until you restart again and compressing continues - that's the way it works at least in my GT!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys. Maserati claim 180 hrs of music can be stored on the hard drive. Guess I'll be spending a lot of weekends converting MP3s to CDs and then downloading to the GT. What a waste!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just one more qs - does the Bose system allow you to create Playlists? Also how is the music sorted on the drive - does it read Artist, Album, Song, genre, etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, it allows to make playlists, but you have to insert by hand all the cd titles and songs but that is impossible to do ofcorse, there is no sorting, don't look at this thing as an ipod!! IT ISN'T!!!

About the compressing, i'm happy to hear that in your GT waba the compressing continuous!! in mine it doesn't!!! i will check it again tonight but maybe that has to do with the software update that i need!!!??

·
Registered
27 Posts
The USB port option is supposed to be available from Dec 2007 production, together with the front parking sensors

Yes, but I was told by my dealer that the front parking sensors has been delayed till june/july since I ordered mine with it and my GT's production is Feb/March

1 - 9 of 9 Posts