Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoy working on autos and was wondering if it mattered if I ordered and installed a Tubi exhaust myself. Is there any kind of warranty void that I would have to worry about if I did not have the dealer install it? Is it a tough job, or just bolt on? Also, does anyone have any links of aftermarket parts stores that would sell Tubi, or do you have to go through the dealer? Thanks.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think it is just a bolt on but I would be very nervous of trying to do it myself. Had read on another board about Tubi melting bumper cover. My dealer confirmed this. Told me one of the first they put on did melt a cover. Tubi redesigned the system and also paid for a new cover. Found my slip and noticed that the Tubi listed for $3040 but discounted to $2300, labor was $400 and $135 for tax making total $2835. Not sure if I got the discount as I had them install as soon as car came in but I would think most Maserati dealers would give you same if that is where you regularly service your car at

·
Registered
17 Posts
try at

http://www.carobu.com

and

http://www.naplesmotorsports.com

I send an e-mail to them but didn't get any of reply maybe you better
call them. however my 04 coupe GT with a tubi will be ready by monday.
and I paid about USD $2800. dealer told me that it's cost. but I guess it's not a cost price.... :(

·
Registered
252 Posts
For anyone debating the Tubi, GET IT. I am sure car has already cost enough but this truly finishes it off. I have owned many sport cars over the years (Mustang GT's, Cobra, Porsches, S2000, BMW M3 and my first car when I got my license in 78 was a 68 GTO with cherry bomb exhaust) I have always missed the sound of my goat and no car since now has given me that sound. The Tubi goes well above it. When I am buzzing around and giving it those quick up a down shifts I feel like I am a Formula one driver. Find myself giving it the gas just to release it quickly so I can hear the pops and burbles. When I put an after-market on my M3 car sounded just like all those POS driving around being loud but not good. No one will confuse the Maserati for one of those Tunner cars. Then again don't get one, I want my car to be the best sounding car around :wink:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm also thinking about self-installing a Tubi. I installed a cat-back system on my Corvette and it really wasn't that difficult a job, primarily since I have a lift in the garage.

I just found out that Tubi-USA is 2 miles from my parent's home in Holland, Michigan. Since I'm headed home for the holidays, I think I'll stop by and try to see their facility and ask some questions about self-installing (or even better, printed directions!).

Regarding the rear end of the Maser, I munged up the heat/airflow shield on our Spyder, so I put the car up on the lift to repair. It does not appear that getting at the mufflers is going to be an easy task. I couldn't even see how to remove the shield without a great deal of work, so I just used a rubber mallet to bend it back into shape.

Brad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
papataori
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing