Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a GranSport and sometimes, upon turning off the engine and opening the driver's door, the window automatically goes all the way down (this is usually form a fully closed position).

Is there a ghost pressing the down window button ???

Any idea as to what's causing the problem?

Cheers everyone! :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah, the "ghost" named "Italian electronics".

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
we have a possessed clock in the QP....

every now and then, usually deep in the night, under that green light, it will spin and slow down and spin...

·
Registered
722 Posts
My radio reboots on Tori Amos MP3's.. but sometimes I do too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ghost Window

Hello, I also had the exact same issue. The dealer replaced the micro switch within the door and it solved the problem. I actually posted about this before.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Window problem

I did not have to pay as warranty covered it.....If you have to pay you will most likely being killed.....Its actually really easy to remove the door panel and change the regulator, I paid $160 for a used regulator for my passenger door, the micro switch is mounted to the regulator, I have included some pics that will allow you to see the switch, I noticed that the switch is riveted to the regulator, therfore you may have to buy the whole thing, dealer cost is about $850.00 parts only for the regulator, hence why i bought mine used. The regulator is missing the coil spring that in my case fell out and the dealer still has, I hope, as I intend to try and fix.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the detailed answer :)

I think I'll keep the switch as it is as the warranty has just run out (darn!) and I have no ability to change things myself (I am "allergic" to DIY :()

Thanks again :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts