Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car in question: 2007 production pre-facelift Automatica without paddle option.

I purchased a set of paddles for my paddle-less car and removed the column covers today. However I'm struggling to find the plug for it.
Images: From past research, I've come to believe that they all have paddle support, only column covers and paddle assembly would be needed. Is this not true?

Cheers!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yes, they do! To my knowledge no one has ever found them to be lacking. From my own notes on the install it's tucked in on the top of the column, not just laying there in plain sight.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yep, I concur, wasn't immediately obvious to me, a bit of tugging around and out it popped, don't be afraid.
I'm sure you've seen this video... from about 7 mins in is where he has the wire, might help. His and mine are RHD and I see some wires under the screw hole on the opposite side for you which would correspond.

best of luck - this is an easy job and well worth it, (I am also pre-facelift Automatica)
John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, they do! To my knowledge no one has ever found them to be lacking. From my own notes on the install it's tucked in on the top of the column, not just laying there in plain sight.

Thanks a lot. I will need to look again tomorrow.
Perhaps it was easier to find after removing the steering wheel.

Yep, I concur, wasn't immediately obvious to me, a bit of tugging around and out it popped, don't be afraid.
I'm sure you've seen this video... from about 7 mins in is where he has the wire, might help. His and mine are RHD and I see some wires under the screw hole on the opposite side for you which would correspond.

best of luck - this is an easy job and well worth it, (I am also pre-facelift Automatica)
John
Definitely a necessary job. Using the push-draw shifting is pretty terrible in my opinion, reminds me of an E46.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Definitely a necessary job. Using the push-draw shifting is pretty terrible in my opinion, reminds me of an E46.
Hey, I have one of those too! Lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The plug was properly tucked away inside the column behind walls of cables. Not possible to find without removing the steering wheel.

Reactions: TWINTRBO

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had to try multiple different screwdrivers, pointy things like nails, and watch all the videos before I managed to pop the first side off.
Second time removal will be a lot easier definitely. I expected this part to be quicker since I've removed the steering wheel in my Alfa several times, but nope.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Had to try multiple different screwdrivers, pointy things like nails, and watch all the videos before I managed to pop the first side off.
Second time removal will be a lot easier definitely. I expected this part to be quicker since I've removed the steering wheel in my Alfa several times, but nope.
Was my write up of any help there? It's super hard to put that action into words but I hoped I was able to guide a little bit at least.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definitely, I'd say it gave a good overview. (y)
Only thing not mentioned in most resources/tutorials is that the top column cover takes a good amount of force to remove. I initially expected the instrument cluster to fly off when pulling it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
1 - 11 of 11 Posts