Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Great concept and well done.

My only exception is : "drain oil filter completely and discard"

I think it should read and "recycle".

We can't any longer live is a disposable society. We need to always think recycle.

Great post, however.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
660 Posts
Awesome Kent. Thanks - although I still may end up having your place do it next time.

·
Registered
793 Posts
---How does one recycle an oil filter. The oil I know about but the filter?:confused:
Drain it fully, put it in a plastic bag, put the whole assembly in the filter's box, and then put in with you recyclables.

In CA even flashlight batteries have to be recycled. There are fines for everything and it's good because it stops products going into landfills.

More folks and more states need to do this. Kent made light of what I indicated but that's the wrong attitude.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Next installment QP?

Great! Any plans for anything on the QP? Sometimes I get the impression there is the Coupe crowd (DIY, get your hands dirty) and the QP crowd (bought a super saloon, let someone else do all the work! :))

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am all for constructive criticism, which I took GCalos' comment to be.
I do think "recycling" is a better suggestion, so I am recommending such.
This thread wasn't about me, it's about if this sort of thing ( ppt.) is usefull and should I consider doing more, that's really it, no more no less.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I am all for constructive criticism, which I took GCalos' comment to be.
I do think "recycling" is a better suggestion, so I am recommending such.
This thread wasn't about me, it's about if this sort of thing ( ppt.) is usefull and should I consider doing more, that's really it, no more no less.
Kent....without question & I'm sure that I speak for everyone here, this is one of the most important reasons we all joined this forum....to hear & learn from each other. I truly appreciate that you took the time to document your DIY procedure and have archived it for future reference.

And, for all of you that 'keep' the golden nuggets of information on this and other sites, I have something to pass along. I use a great (free) tool called Iterasi (www.iterasi.com) to archive (permanently) ALL my web pages for DIY, suppliers, etc... You should try it too. It enables you to save a cached version of any web page, add it to a folder, tag it, and add notes and then retrieve them anytime you want....even if the web site goes away someday. MUCH better and useful than bookmarks.

Ciao,
Vincenzo

·
Registered
793 Posts
Well taken and appreciate the attention. Recycling is very important. There is a finite limit to resources.

The self-assisting threads are invaluable and the PP presentation Kent did has given me an idea about a clutch change I am going to do in my 360.

I am now going to add a page to my site about DIY Ferrari projects with PP presentations.

The 360's and 430's do not come with Homelink units for garage doors, gates, etc. I added one in the visor of my 360 and it looks OEM. I'll do a PP on that one.

DIY projects are important for more than saving a few $'s. They get owners more involved with their cars and ultimately the owners take better care of the vehicles.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gentlemen I have made a few ammendments to this ppt.
BCube was correct in the engine sump drain bolt being a 12mm.
And GCalo suggested recycle instead of discard.
So the corrections are now on the ppt..
I suggest to anyone who did download it, delete the original and download the ammended version.
Again I am always open to suggestions, critcisms, thoughts, ideas or prophecies. I implore you gents to share what you will for the betterment of the community. Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Diy Oil Change

I have gotten some questions regarding oil changes on a Gran sport.
This pdf. covers ALL 4200's, 2002-2006 (even the rumoured 2007 M138 coupe) , The Coupe, Spyder, Gran sport AND 90th anniversery Spyder.
I hope it helps.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts