Maserati Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem with mine. I changt the oil per pdf and now I have a no oil pressure fault. I made sure it was the correct filter and I drain both ports. I added 9 quarts of oil. What should I do? It sounds loud too as if no oil is circulating. Ran fine before oil change.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Verify if the engine is a dry sump or wet sump. I heard of people using a wet sump oil filter on a dry sump system and it caused issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oil level check

I just bought a 2004 coupe. Thought I would check the oil level.. With the engine running, warm,, oil is way above the max mark.. I checked it with the engine cold and off, it was right at the max mark.. I guess when you check it with the engine off, the oil level is lower on the dipstick. I guess I will have to change it myself to do it right.
check it cold...
did not find the HOT check in the manual... huh

·
Super Moderator
4,978 Posts
check it cold...
did not find the HOT check in the manual... huh
Well that post is 7 years old and appears to refer to the Coupe, which has a dry sump engine, and needs the oil checked a different way. The post should probably have been put in the 4200 section.

If you have a wet sump engine (oil filler cap on the cam covers) then check the oil cold per the manual

C

Reactions: paulchua

·
Registered
221 Posts
I recently changed the oil on my car, a very straight forward proposition and there are a number of youtube videos out there that show how it is done.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Verify if the engine is a dry sump or wet sump. I heard of people using a wet sump oil filter on a dry sump system and it caused issues.
Do you know what the difference is between the two types of filters? I have a feeling the (new) dealer used the wrong one last time my oil got changed. I have a dry sump engine.

5,822 Posts
I have a feeling it has to do with spec. of the pressure relief valve in the filter itself....Wetsump is 289571 and drysump is 188814 part#...There is another part# for wet sump cars, but I can't remember it off the top of my head....J

Reactions: Tyger27
21 - 31 of 31 Posts