Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This post is a compendium of posts that address documented DIY projects undertaken by members of MaseratiLife. I will maintain this list to co-locate DIY topics and make it easier for all of us to find help for our own projects. When using this index, it's your responsibility to make sure that the procedures are appropriate for you own model. Please help by sending me a PM with links that you know of and I'll organize them into this master index.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Excellent idea - Grazie mille!!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very good Vincenzo.......ok to link this to our sportsmaserati forum in the UK?

P
Don't think there would be an issue. Maser brothers are always welcome!

BTW guys/gals - don't forget to send me links to DIY entries you think should be added to the list. I'm having a technical issue updating it right now but, working on it.....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Don't think there would be an issue. Maser brothers are always welcome!

BTW guys/gals - don't forget to send me links to DIY entries you think should be added to the list. I'm having a technical issue updating it right now but, working on it.....

Thanks for that .....:cheers:

And as you can see, quite a few useful guides and fixes on the sportsmaserati forum

Running Reports & Technical Fixes

P

·
Registered
126 Posts
One step further

Having the DIY posts in one area is a great idea because using the search function often casts a very wide net and pulls in things not necessary relevant.

What are the chances of have the Moderators add a few more forum categories so people can post directly there...ie, electrical, brakes/suspension, exhaust, transmission, motor etc? I've seen this on other sites and it's awesome.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
terrific idea! how about making it a sticky?

I agree that another forum category could be helpful, at least a DIY section. Would be an obvious place for new people to look. The search function really does suck.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What are the chances of have the Moderators add a few more forum categories so people can post directly there...ie, electrical, brakes/suspension, exhaust, transmission, motor etc? I've seen this on other sites and it's awesome.
This would be much preferable IMHO. I've wanted to do this for a while but, don't the full admin privileges to set this up so, I decided to go this direction instead (hopefully a temporary solution). I'll ping Andrew again on the subject.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
terrific idea! how about making it a sticky?

I agree that another forum category could be helpful, at least a DIY section. Would be an obvious place for new people to look. The search function really does suck.
I'll look into making it a sticky. Right now, I'm trying to edit my own original post to add a few more DIYs that several of you have forwarded to me via PM. For some reason, the BB software isn't allowing me to do this so, as soon as this issue gets resolved, I'll update my original post - keep them coming. If I can get the DIY section stood up, I'll be able to move these posts into that section more easily.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Post #1 updated for air horn installation on a 4200.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Original post has been updated with Gearbox Fluid change.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
I suppose the big toe and flip-flop (picture #6) is a signature of Don Lorenzo's al a Hitchcock.
Vincenzo commented on it in a previous DIY (remove center console).
Don Lorenzo, if I'm right, you could at least use some Grigio Touring nail polish.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
I suppose the big toe and flip-flop (picture #6) is a signature of Don Lorenzo's al a Hitchcock.
Vincenzo commented on it in a previous DIY (remove center console).
Don Lorenzo, if I'm right, you could at least use some Grigio Touring nail polish.
Yea when i take these pictures and put the toe and flip flops out I laugh because of Vincenzo,s comment. To refresh everyones memory he made the comment that i was wearing flip flops, rubbing it in cause im in florida in january. Next January ill take the pics by the pool> Don Lorenzo

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea when i take these pictures and put the toe and flip flops out I laugh because of Vincenzo,s comment. To refresh everyones memory he made the comment that i was wearing flip flops, rubbing it in cause im in florida in january. Next January ill take the pics by the pool> Don Lorenzo
Don Lorenzo.....as Crocodile Dundee says....THIS is a flip-flop! (well almost...it's the flip without the flop).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts