Maserati Forum banner
81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Great write up. I have a GranTurismo and love the paddles in that car, but some how in my QP5 I don’t miss them and just rather mash the throttle and let it shift for itself.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hello,

I recently bought a base Maserati Quattroporte 2010 that does not come with installed Paddle Shifters.

I would like to install those to my car but I need some confirmation on the parts first.

Paddle Shifters:

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/D049-M139-M...498463?hash=item1ef791119f:g:tn0AAOSwyQVcmVTL

Upper Column Cover:

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/MASERATI-QU...563875?hash=item287c079663:g:3BYAAOSwGDNcvBwb

Lower Column Cover:

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/MASERATI-QU...566580?hash=item3d8a8dfe74:g:CBgAAOSwhwBahzDF

The paddle shifters were initially installed on a 2007 QP and the Column steering covers were installed on a 2005 QP.

Will those parts successfully fit my 2010 QP?

Thank you for your help.
Yes, those parts will do the trick. Just make sure the shroud isn't sticky.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dont mean to revive this post, but why are the newer covers REQUIRED? Cant you just modify your existing covers by trimming etc??? I mean, you will never use them again. Anyone care to educate me?

Thanks.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Dont mean to revive this post, but why are the newer covers REQUIRED? Cant you just modify your existing covers by trimming etc??? I mean, you will never use them again. Anyone care to educate me?

Thanks.
They are too different. I don't remember exactly what it was but I know that it would've come out uglier than this car deserved.

·
Registered
MQP V Executive GT 2007
23 Posts
It is a question that I considered too, but the short answer is No.
Given the curvature of the parts, cutting out the opening needed for the paddles sideways would also result in a hole visible from the front, and if I remember well would also cut out part of the clip needed to attach the upper and lower parts.
Of course nothing is impossible but it would not be only a matter of wise cut-out. Some reconstruction needed also on both upper and lower parts.
Nice project if you have a 3D printer maybe.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks for the insight. I do have a 3d printer.

I will eventually order the parts. Just wanted a fun project. Let's see what happens.

·
Registered
MQP V Executive GT 2007
23 Posts
I like the idea !
In the link below is a very good image of what the end result should look like (for a GranTurismo but seems to me the same as MQP), giving you a precise idea of what I was indicating =
  • the "front side pylons" on the non-shifter covers disappear, and with them clips needed to attach the upper and lower parts.
  • a front plate component "filling the hole", interestingly not symmetrical between left and right.
Also interesting and a little unexpected for me what the fact that the cutout is bigger on the lower column cover than on the upper one (the picture is upside down).

Steering Column Cover Surround Trim 80338500 Maserati GranTurismo M145 2008-13

Looking at the picture, it comes to mind that cutting out the space for the paddles, then adding a piece of flat plastic to "fill the whole" might be in fact enough...

·
Registered
790 Posts

Reactions: MattCruz

·
Registered
93 Posts
Very interesting!! So looks like it can be modified. I ordered the top and bottom cover. But want to experiment with my old ones. Going to be 3d printing some new much larger paddle shifters. Just need to figure out how to make the finish look like stainless steel. Similar to the image below. I will post whatever I come up with in the next few weeks. Maybe some sort of slip on or something so people do not need to remove the wheel.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Very interesting!! So looks like it can be modified. I ordered the top and bottom cover. But want to experiment with my old ones. Going to be 3d printing some new much larger paddle shifters. Just need to figure out how to make the finish look like stainless steel. Similar to the image below. I will post whatever I come up with in the next few weeks. Maybe some sort of slip on or something so people do not need to remove the wheel.

View attachment 131202
Just buy Granturismo ones, they are bigger and use the same brackets. They can be removed with an Allen key and the wheel still on, fiddly but doable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, my 2008 Maserati quattroporte doesn’t have any paddle shifter but I wanted some so I bought used paddles online, te paddles are really sticky and if your scratch the you leave a mark is that normal? Or is it painted with a rubbery substance?

·
Super Moderator
4,978 Posts
Hi, my 2008 Maserati quattroporte doesn’t have any paddle shifter but I wanted some so I bought used paddles online, te paddles are really sticky and if your scratch the you leave a mark is that normal? Or is it painted with a rubbery substance?
Search for sticky buttons or sticky plastics. There's a million posts on it.

Welcome to the forum!

C

·
Registered
35 Posts
Jut did this on my 2011 QPV 4.2
Most of the parts were listed as up to 2008, I can confirm that the parts all worked perfectly on a 2011.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jut did this on my 2011 QPV 4.2
Most of the parts were listed as up to 2008, I can confirm that the parts all worked perfectly on a 2011.
hi salayc - did you source the three parts for eBay? I am wanting to do the same but most parts state 03- 08 and wanted to be sure. I think I will get new covers from Scuderia.
Thanks !

·
Registered
35 Posts
hi salayc - did you source the three parts for eBay? I am wanting to do the same but most parts state 03- 08 and wanted to be sure. I think I will get new covers from Scuderia.
Thanks !
Yes, I got the shifters and covers from ebay. They both were listed as 03-08, but worked just fine on my '11 QP.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, I got the shifters and covers from ebay. They both were listed as 03-08, but worked just fine on my '11 QP.
Great to hear - thanks ! eBay seems a little on quality covers unfortunately but quite a few paddles better priced than Scuderia. Will keep an eye out. Cheers !

81 - 100 of 104 Posts