Maserati Forum banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
I believe the steering column covers are ALL the same, and I think the paddle shift mechanisms are all the same too...if someone out there knows better PLEASE chime in.

·
Registered
790 Posts
100% the Automatica and Duo Select covers are different IF the Automatica car didn't come with paddles. There is a lot of confusion out there about which options came which years as well as production dates and model year dates. Anything that fits an early car will work for a paddle upgrade since they all came that way.

Sent from my Galaxy S9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
612 Posts
Thank You TWINTURBO....I was definetely NOT clear in my previous post. I should have said....that all paddle-shift column covers are the same regardless if they came from a duo-select car...or an automatica car.

·
Registered
2013 Maserati Quattroporte S
89 Posts
100% the Automatica and Duo Select covers are different IF the Automatica car didn't come with paddles. There is a lot of confusion out there about which options came which years as well as production dates and model year dates. Anything that fits an early car will work for a paddle upgrade since they all came that way.

So like 12 Cylinders said before, this part https://www.ebay.ca/itm/223472867292?ul_noapp=true should work in a 2013 that didn't come equipped with paddles correct?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Credit for this information goes to Twinturbo - who did an excellent write up on installing paddle shifters. The part numbers are shown below.
1. Paddle Shifter Assembly (PN# 261433)
2. Upper Column Cover (PN# 68001400)
3. Lower Column Cover (PN# 68949700)

Chiapet....yes...I do hear that very faint squeak on occasion when turning the steering wheel.....

No squeak here after installing the paddles...

Thank you-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,978 Posts
Great stuff guys. One question, is it possible to change the paddles without removing the wheel? I'm hankering after some carbon paddles, which are larger, for my GT. Just curious if you can get to the mounting for the paddles alone without the wheel coming off?

Cheers

C

·
Registered
612 Posts
Catmanv2....yes...I think you change paddles without removing the steering wheel, you will need to loosen / remove the column covers to get to the screws, but it should be rather easy to do.

·
Registered
MQP V Executive GT 2007
23 Posts
Great stuff guys. One question, is it possible to change the paddles without removing the wheel? I'm hankering after some carbon paddles, which are larger, for my GT. Just curious if you can get to the mounting for the paddles alone without the wheel coming off?

Cheers

C
Not possible on the QP V, unless you are ready to break the assembly of the paddles and to glue/weld it after installation = it forms a continuous assembly that encircles the steering column.

·
Registered
MQP V Executive GT 2007
23 Posts
Has anyone developed a squeak when turning the wheel after installing the paddles? - it's as if something is rubbing. I am going to remove the plastic covering on the column to see if that is the culprit.
The squeak comes from the paddles positioned slightly too much toward the driver, so that the wheel touches them a little when turning = if this happens, the metal piece supporting the paddles may have to be pushed back a little. This is a matter of gaining max half a millimeter.
In my case, I had a squeak for a while then it disappeared by itself without any adjustment needed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The squeak comes from the paddles positioned slightly too much toward the driver, so that the wheel touches them a little when turning = if this happens, the metal piece supporting the paddles may have to be pushed back a little. This is a matter of gaining max half a millimeter.
In my case, I had a squeak for a while then it disappeared by itself without any adjustment needed.
Are we talking about applying a little bit of pressure pushing the paddles toward the cluster?

·
Super Moderator
4,978 Posts
CBi....I think CatmanV2 was thinking of changing just the paddles themselves (2 fasteners on each), not the whole support bracket.
Indeed sir. GT's come with paddles as default, but they are the little ones. I would like the larger ones.

Cheers

C

·
Registered
MQP V Executive GT 2007
23 Posts
Are we talking about applying a little bit of pressure pushing the paddles toward the cluster?
Yes, most probably, the front of the paddle arms is touching the back of the steering wheel. To check this, apply a little pressure on the paddle arms with a finger and the squeeze sound should disappear.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I pushed the plastic steering column cover slightly toward the cluster and the sound/rub is almost gone. Maybe she needs some lube.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
That looks like the right stuff to me. Be aware that trim looks like it's starting to get tacky, always a problem with those.

Aww yes, I did notice the finish looked a bit suspicious, I was hoping it would be easier to clean and address before installing it. Maybe I should just see how much it costs from the dealer so I don't have to worry. Thank you for your response.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I had to clean up the covers I bought off of ebay too. I used blackfire cleaner as suggested by a fellow forum member, after several applications it actually turned out pretty decent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I recently bought a base Maserati Quattroporte 2010 that does not come with installed Paddle Shifters.

I would like to install those to my car but I need some confirmation on the parts first.

Paddle Shifters:

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/D049-M139-MASERATI-03-12-QUATTROPORTE-GEAR-SHIFT-PADDLE-SHIFTER-235836-261433/133002498463?hash=item1ef791119f:g:tn0AAOSwyQVcmVTL

Upper Column Cover:

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/MASERATI-QUATTROPORTE-M139-05-08-STEERING-COLUMN-UPPER-COWL-68001400/173879563875?hash=item287c079663:g:3BYAAOSwGDNcvBwb

Lower Column Cover:

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/MASERATI-QUATTROPORTE-M139-04-08-LOWER-STEERING-COLUMN-COWL-TRIM-67564200/264317566580?hash=item3d8a8dfe74:g:CBgAAOSwhwBahzDF

The paddle shifters were initially installed on a 2007 QP and the Column steering covers were installed on a 2005 QP.

Will those parts successfully fit my 2010 QP?

Thank you for your help.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts