Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What distance are you comfortable with regarding dealer proximity? I am considering purchasing the new GT but am approximately 100 miles from the nearest dealer. Am wondering if I will regret decision due to maintenance and warranty issues.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I live about 45 miles from and independent who performs routine services on my Coupe GT, he is located in Redondo Beach. The closest Maserati dealership is in Orange County about the same distance different direction.
Since I have AAA Premier towing, (100 mile tows) I don't have a problem having someone pick up and deliver the car. I have not been afraid to turn away some misfit who thinks they can tow a car, and I have called AAA for a different driver if I have concerns with the person who shows up.

·
Registered
518 Posts
nearest dealer is 4 hours north of me

although I have a pretty good independent in town if I run into a major issue

·
Registered
240 Posts
I live about 45 miles from and independent who performs routine services on my Coupe GT, he is located in Redondo Beach. The closest Maserati dealership is in Orange County about the same distance different direction.
Since I have AAA Premier towing, (100 mile tows) I don't have a problem having someone pick up and deliver the car. I have not been afraid to turn away some misfit who thinks they can tow a car, and I have called AAA for a different driver if I have concerns with the person who shows up.
what is the best way to say something like this? I want a new driver/truck?

I live 5-10 miles from Maserati in scottsdale

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
What distance are you comfortable with regarding dealer proximity? I am considering purchasing the new GT but am approximately 100 miles from the nearest dealer. Am wondering if I will regret decision due to maintenance and warranty issues.
I am about 80 miles from the dealer. However, between the road side assistance and the cooperation of the dealer, the car is picked up and dropped off. I think I may have paid tooo much!!!! Once the warranty runs out it could be a different story.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think 100 miles is not too bad. Additionally, as noted above, many dealers have pick up and drop off services.

Get it, you won't be sorry

-dsd

·
Registered
773 Posts
a dealer too far

in lexington, no warranty. dealer in cincinnati ohio now, 100 miles. was in columbus 230 miles. columbus dealer was so bad that i sent cars to chicago, 350 miles. get a good dealer, enjoy your car.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have three dealerships to choose from, closest about 95 miles is the worst. Now I am with one 130 miles away. We will see. The distance doesn't bother me and after 15000 miles there was never a need for the dealer to pick it up. I found the QP to be very reliable, so far (hopefully didn't jinx it) :)

Good Luck and Enjoy your Maserati!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts