Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of a long shot, but can someone give me the dimensions of the center resonator?? I am trying to get the length, width, and height of that space it occupies so I can have some different replacement options for it in stock at the exhaust shop. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Bit of a long shot, but can someone give me the dimensions of the center resonator?? I am trying to get the length, width, and height of that space it occupies so I can have some different replacement options for it in stock at the exhaust shop. Thanks in advance...
When I get home tonight, I'll measure it. It just happens to be on a shelf in the garage.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! So is the 37.5" length dimension including the x pipe? I am considering a swap to a magnaflow dual inlet/oulet muffler with internal x-pipe...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I had my center resonator and x pipe assembly replaced with a magnaflow dual inlet/outlet unit that has an internal x pipe in an effort to quiet down the exhaust just a touch.

The new sound is maybe a little cleaner than the stock resonator, but is louder. I didn't expect this, considering the straight-thru design of the stock resonator and the new packing in the magnaflow, but it is louder. The magnaflow is shorter than the resonator though, so I do now have room to possibly add some 4" round magnaflows as well just after it.

I have realized a fair reduction in weight by removing the back boxes and replacing the resonator. This has been an effort though to get a nicer sound from the exhaust, comparable to a tubi, at a lesser price. With all the custom work done to this point I am inching closer to the tubi price all the time...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts