Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
The choice of auto or sport is not the correct comparison. While i agree that the auto mode is rough and may eat clutches, using the normal manual mode will allow u to do less harm to the clutch as well as soften the suspension and gear shifting (ie less whiplash for the passengers during gear shifts). The other way to make things less painfull for passengers is to feather the gas during the shifting, by which i mean let up on it a tad rather than having your foot mashed on the pedal. It makes a world of difference.
sorry man, :confused: but i completely disagree...

i have it from very very good sources (Maserati techs) that the way to minimize clutch ware is to use manual and sport mode. now i am not talking about a normal local dealer from la tech. i spoke to a senior engineer guy at a fundraiser in Italy last year and he actually told me what most of us already know.

if you want to have a slightly less crazy gear change, just lift the gas pedal for a bit as you are changing the gear. this will allow the clutch to disengage the gear and engage the new one with out having to use the clutch to massage the power delivery.

after you learn how to perfect this, the shifts are crisp and all you feel is the CC transmission working with you.:) (this will help conserve the clutch)

like i have said before, i may be mistaken and i may have to replace my clutch next week. so far, it drives and changes gear great and i am sure that most of the user here will tend to agree with me.

-willie

p.s. not to be picky , but if you want a soft ride or care about the comfort of your passengers. this car is not the correct choice, i.e. Maserati ( Lexus, Mercedes Benz maybe).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts