Maserati Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Call me old fashion, but I like our dash gauges...just not the small "Infotainment" screen in the center console. But I guess the natural progression would be to "upgrade" everything so it "matches" technologies.
The fear of breakage is real for me too Jdub :ROFLMAO:
I do like our dash gauges as well. (y)

Reactions: GT/MC 4ME

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
4,316 Posts
Yup, until it’s well time-tested and in at least a dozen cars ( depending on how many owners are daring enough to be the guinea pigs for this ) and only when proven to be glitch-free, that’s when my interest in converting to something like this may really peak.

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,856 Posts
Yup, until it’s well time-tested and in at least a dozen cars ( depending on how many owners are daring enough to be the guinea pigs for this ) and only when proven to be glitch-free, that’s when my interest in converting to something like this may really peak.
Translated into Itailan.....Luigi says, "if no broke, no fix."

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,856 Posts
Hey guys, been a while since I have been posting, I will have more information soon, I will be distributing them by mid February, Pricing around $2250, Better pricing for a group buy of course. I will try and get one here and installed asap so I can review and let everybody know how it functions.
Hope you make it compatible with 2018+ models also this time, Robin. 🤞

·
Registered
782 Posts
CHINA=NO THANKS

Reactions: DSGT
6,710 Posts
Lost me on that one...The instrument pack is pretty much the most important module in the vehicle..It is the ambassador of all the networks in an automobile...So if it quits then everything is gonna be down and you are not going anywhere..The OE cluster works just fine and looks good and matches the car IMO...Jason

·
Registered
62 Posts
Pretty cool that some companies out there are still making new parts for the GT and those digital gauges def gives it a very nice updated modern look. The real question is how is the warranty? would need to see some vids & pics of this dash and it’s features before making any decisions

·
Registered
43 Posts
I really like my current gauges but this looks super cool if no bugs. I’m still struggling with v2 headunit. But if Robin installs it and there are very minor bugs that I can learn to live with, like I have done with the head unit, I’m all in

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Curious as to whether some type of programming of a body module has to be done in order for the digital speedo to operate properly...:unsure:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yea the speedometer is either taping in to the obd2 info ( or
Curious as to whether some type of programming of a body module has to be done in order for the digital speedo to operate properly...:unsure:
All of the sensor inputs are sent via OBD2 and or Canbus to the ECU, which then is forwarded to the gauge cluster. OBD2 for cel/mil/turn signals (has a slower processing time) and then usually canbus for the speed/rpm/etc if its on that network. thats why on most obd2 cars you can usually download one of those dashcommand type apps on iphone/android and see most of the same data.

my supra has a aftermarket ecu now with canbus and so all the sensors are wired directly to the ecu so you can read all the speed/codes/every engine variable and fuel tables etc on the ecu via a laptop with the ecu software, (the oem 95 car came with obd1 and a locked near unbreakable toyota ecu which you can only find out the bare engine faults via connecting a paperclip to the fusebox port in the engine bay and then the gauge cluster lights up on you a certain amount of times, and then you just start there).

its kinda of a interesting sign of the times to see how far we have come.

·
Registered
289 Posts
No idea what removing the cluster is like on a GT.. On a Mercedes it's 4 screws and pops right out. Lots of stuff on the board there you can't remove.. but hey I'm all for options and that one at least would be a simple swap

21 - 35 of 35 Posts