Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've seen a lot of talk about the regular oil pan torque value, but anyone know what to use on the differential oil plug? work shop docs just say "torque to proper value" but doesn't list it anywhere

Thanks!

5,216 Posts
You seem like you know how to work on stuff...Just tighten it like you would any other plug on another car honestly...Jason

Reactions: billgt1

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You seem like you know how to work on stuff...Just tighten it like you would any other plug on another car honestly...Jason
Yeah that is what I normally do, I'm probably just being overly paranoid with torques because of what happened with my axle shaft bolts, checked passenger side axle shaft bolts today, those ones are all tight

5,216 Posts
I know the general public may think techs. use torque wrenches on everything it really isn't feasible...We tighten a ton of bolts daily...Most stuff on a car is tightened to a German spec....Goodin tight....:) Jason

5,216 Posts
I know the general public may think techs. use torque wrenches on everything, but it is not really feasible...We tighten a ton of bolts daily...Most stuff on a car is tightened to a German spec....Goodin tight....:) Jason

·
Super Moderator
4,774 Posts
Two grunts and a ?

C

·
Registered
359 Posts
Or you can use the Japanese spec Nizen-tite. My car buddy's favorite spec is "tight as you can get it plus half a turn". Don't use that one.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, haven't changed it yet, just finished my axle shaft replacement, going to drive it around a day or 2, lift it back up to check everything and I'll change the diff oil then

·
Registered
659 Posts
40 sounds reasonable. i haven't ever seen a spec for it. the fill plug gets a tap with a small dead blow on a wrench handle.
if you have the drain plug with the fixed washer gasket, it'll mushroom out if you over torque it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Be careful with this one, I didn't feel like I over tightened mine, and now I have a cross threaded drain plug. Next differential oil change is going to be fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts