Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't lower the car yet, but I believe that 19's makes my car look lowered, after I finish from tuning my ECU I'll take the car to the Maserati dealer and lower the car..

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm loving the 19's!

·
Registered
513 Posts
No question about it, the 19s look 1000 times better....

what kind of rims are they?

·
Registered
333 Posts
19" look really nice but I imagine that to compensate for the bigger wheels the tires should be lower profile than those on the 18's.

I have the stock 18's wheels and tires on mine and just last night blew and ruined the second tire in only 2000 miles... I did not feel the tire lost the air and drove the car for a few miles until I reached my final destination, the rim was fine but it was too late for the tire :cry: I do like the 19's but this roads make me stay away from them.

On another issue... I lowered my baby today :D and it looks 8) we lowered it 20 turns at the front and 15 turns at the rear. It ended up with the tail just as high as the tail of a F-430 :D

I have some pictures and will post for you guys on Monday... I'll be at a fishing tournament starting tomorrow and will post them for you when I return.

Now guys please excuse me but I gotta go and kick some butt :twisted: :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, but I think the 18's look much better. It's the wheel style, really. Those 15-spoke 18's are one of the best looking designs ever.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Abdul,
Have you notice a change in accelaration ie. does the car seem more sluggish. I've gone from 15's to 18" low profiles on the Honda and the car definitely seems slower. Albeit it only has 130hp, I would imagine given the same weight rims, 19's would slightly slow the car down compared to 18's.
If not, what do your rim/tire combos weigh compared to stocks?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
STARDOC,

There's no change in accelaration, my 19s lighter than any another 19.. and got these wheels custom-made for a Maserati..

Accelaration seems fine to me with my BMC airfilter and Tubi exhaust + S.S. Midpipes

·
Registered
279 Posts
19 is sooooo much better...

btw what sort of rims are they?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
Vincent
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing