Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this great forum.

I am looking to buy a nice Spyder in the near future, and would like to know ALL the differnces from a 2004 to a 2005 model Maserati Spyder if possible.

How much more is the 2005 worth? I am looking at a car which seem to be in great condition with one owner since new and 44.000 miles on the clock.

Thanks,
Erik
Norway :autofahrer:

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The differences between a 2004 Spyder and 2005 standard Spyder are really just the front and rear bumpers. The 2005 bumpers were updated with a larger grill in the front.

This is primarily a US based site. I don't know if any members here would be up to speed on current prices in Norway.
Thank you. No I am looking at an american car that I can use in FL for some time this winter and then bring it back to Norway or Sweden. The car prices here are having crazy taxes. The car cost 180.000 Norwegian "crowns" (our currenzy) in the states. But with our Norwegian taxes, the car cost 880.000 crowns.... And in Sweden only 320.000 Swedish crowns. So you can imagine that to live in FL would be ideal for a guy like me wanting to cruise with the top down. It is around 10 Fahrenheit here today.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
It's -15* F today at my place. Welcome to MInnesota cold!

Also, welcome to the forum!

So if you bought a car in FL and shipped back to Norway, doesn't that add taxes there for importation? I know it's true in other countries, just curious if you knew.
Aj

·
5,887 Posts
Thank you. No I am looking at an american car that I can use in FL for some time this winter and then bring it back to Norway or Sweden. The car prices here are having crazy taxes. The car cost 180.000 Norwegian "crowns" (our currenzy) in the states. But with our Norwegian taxes, the car cost 880.000 crowns.... And in Sweden only 320.000 Swedish crowns. So you can imagine that to live in FL would be ideal for a guy like me wanting to cruise with the top down. It is around 10 Fahrenheit here today.. :thumbsup:
In that case, a 45K mile 2004 or 2005 Spyder should cost around $25K USD. Perhaps a little more or less depending on options, colors, upgrades, and service history. If you give us a link to a car you are looking at, we could probably provide more help with value.

I could imagine that importing the car to Norway would be prohibitively expensive. Regardless, a great car to enjoy while you are in the states.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. Yes the tax is 25% VAT (Value added tax) based on the invoice price and shipping and insurance... when it arrive the Norwegian border. Then the car becomes legal in our country. But to get a tag/plate, the "one time tax" will have to be paid. It is a very special formula how to determine the amount...... It depends on the weight, the number ofhorsepower, the displcement, the amount of CO2 burned per km, and then you get a "discount" based on how old the car is. after 15 years, the car will have a maximum discount in the tax of 80%. The tax on these cars when new is around 200.000 USD + 25% VAT of the cars value, and of course you have to pay for the car aswell. A new Ferrari 612 cost around 800.000 USD......

It is not good when there is only 4,7 million inhabitants in Norway, and the rest of Europe has to pay 25% VAT when cars are imported into the EU (Norway is not EU) . And Norwegian taxes are NON refundable.. That means, Norway is the only country where you have a chance of getting the car sold. It means it usually take some time.

Because of all this, I am considdering to move to Stockholm in Sweden. Only 45 minutes flight from Oslo where I live. Then I can sell the car to all the other European countries afterwards as the "EU tax" (10% tax of the invoice + 25% VAT of the car and tax) is paid.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Having driven both the base Spyder and the Gransport Spyder, if you can find the later, I would highly recommend opting for it. Feels much stiffer and more responsive.

Similar comparision would be a Ferrari 348 and F355.

are you also on FerrariLife?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts