Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Me neither, but...

Well, silly as this sounds I decided over the weekend that I need to own a Gallardo, so that process is in progress.

Logical or not mind is made up, so lets please not distort the thread into a comparison.

Unfortunately the GS has to go because I don't have any more covered garage space, particularly with the Aston coming later this year as well.

So - if anyone is looking for a 2005 black GS, mint, single owner, non-smoker, garaged, etc. etc. (everything since purchase is documented here so just search the posts)...

I am too lazy / busy / impatient to deal with the calls / tire-kickers / joyriders that would result from a paper or autotrader ad.

Details:

2005 Black GS, black interior (haven't taken pictures but it looks exactly like Bimbo's on this forum, happy to take pictures on request).

4,200 miles.

Options: Skyhook, CD changer, xenons, red calipers, carbon wing-thing, auditorium 2000, park distance control, alluminium passenger foot rest.

Vin: ZAMEC38A650017576

No accidents or anything strange of course.

Bought new from The Collection (Miami, FL) 12 months ago, so 3 years of warranty left.

Sticker was around 112k, could scan it on request.

So, if anyone is truly interested, I'll let this thing go TODAY for 80,000, period.

No negotiating, you are of course welcome to come to my house and inspect it (and if you are real test drive it) but I have no clue how to ship a car or deal with any complicated transaction, I just have the car and a clear title in hand.

And when I say "today", that is not to pressure but I think I found the perfect Lambo and I'm planning on seeing it this week, so if the GS is not sold by then I'll probably have to let it go.

Please PM or e-mail me if interested.

P.s.: Andrew, I hope this is not out of place in this forum, if so please delete - I could not find a classified section and this is the only place I'm posting this.

·
Registered
773 Posts
sale! sale! sale!

makes site thanks for post, means you are leaving site. all the best. oh, lambo a drop top?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bundas, no, no drop top - actually I like my fun cars to be as stripped as possible, no toys, coupes. Light and strong.

Nav, etc. can go in the commuter vehicles.

P.s.: will miss your yoda speak <g>

·
Registered
192 Posts
Best of luck, I am very jealous. I want a Gallardo so bad...

But as my wife says "in what reality did you think I would let you buy that?"

Anyway, best

-dsd

·
Registered
513 Posts
RQ said:
Hi Bundas, no, no drop top - actually I like my fun cars to be as stripped as possible, no toys, coupes. Light and strong.

Nav, etc. can go in the commuter vehicles.

P.s.: will miss your yoda speak <g>

Yoda speak.....Ok, I guess that makes sense. I was always wondering, but didn't want to offend by asking.!

·
Registered
201 Posts
You're selling a black Maser and buying a Lambo on 6/6/06? Sounds like one hell of a good time! Congratulations.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sold!

Thanks for the interest folks. I am no longer a Maser owner, and say that with a degree of sadness. Absolutely one of the best cars I've ever had, it will be missed. I'll still stop by here from time to time, may even own another Maser someday if my garaging capabilities change.

The new silver Gallardo in my driveway, however, will just have to cheer me up! <g>

And yes, at least I wasn't buying a Diablo on 6/6/6!

Thanks again (particularly Andrew) for all your support during the last year, this forum definitely made ownership a better experience!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sorry to see you go, hope everything works out with the Lambo. Check out ferrarichat.com (lamborghini section) or lambo-power.com for a similair online community to what Maseratilife provided.

I wish you the best of luck.

Regards,

Kevin

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
RQ,

Thanks for the kind words. Best of luck in your new ownership of what is no doubt a great machine.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Congratulations RQ!!!
Good luck with your new toy...
I remember reading somewhere that the F-430 has better performance numbers than the Lambo but I would have gone with the Lambo as well.
A Gallardo is defenitely on my list

Least you could do before leaving us is bring some pictures broh...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.

Andrew, I'll see you in the AM forum as well I hope.

Paco, will take some pics in a nice setting once it stops raining here, driving me nuts!

In the meantime here is a poor quality one with my 5-yr old inspecting it:

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
...BOOTIFUL!!! thanks for posting it.

But... do you keep it in your garage???
I thought it would be parked next to your bed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello RQ,

I just came across this web site and to my surprise I found the previous owner of my new black maser. The VIN Numbers match exact and the car is in immaculate condition. I picked it up at the Prestige Import in Miami, wish I could have caught your great internet offer, definitely would have saved $$$.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hi AJ8!

Absolutely immaculate, no question, I took care of that GS! Properly broken in too. Glad to see that a local picked it up.

You should give it the yearly oil change though, I was about to do that just days before the Lambo bug bit me.

Just for curiosity, could you PM me with what you paid for it? Who sold it to you, Jim / Steven?

BTW, I have a spare key plus a valet one, maybe even some more paperwork for it, I'll look for that and put it together for you. PM me a mailing address or if you are up for it maybe come up to my office and I'll hand it to you, wouldn't mind seeing the Maser again and maybe taking some pictures side by side with the Lambo. I'm in Hollywood right off 95, not far from Prestige.

As you probably know by now it has the Eurotek ECU mod, hope you are enjoying that.

Anyway, send me a PM, and if you have any questions on the car ask away.

Ralph

P.s.: this forum is a fantastic resource, be sure to look around.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
nice happy reunion!
AJ8 you should be glad that RQ is very helpful, and not someone who abuses or neglects his cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ralph,

I still can not believe that while looking on the internet for upgrade and info I came across you, the original owner! I am new at this maseratilife forum, but I would definitely love to ask you some question and set up a time to meet. I live in Coral Springs not far from Hollywood. The maserati is still at the dealer. I told them that I would not take delivery until the down payment was in their account. Jim and Steven help me with the purchase(very nice guys!!)and sold it to me for 87k. I had a M3 for a trade in and was looking for a 911tt, until I saw the maser!! Fell in love and can not wait to pick it up this week!! Thanks for the info on the Eurotec upgrade, I did not know it had the option and was already contacting them for the order. Please call me when ever you get a chance at 954 534 4492

Thanks
AJ

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm sure you'll enjoy the GS. 87k is not too bad a price actually.

Good choice compared to the TT, and you'll find the GS to be a different experience altogether than the M3 (an E46 I'd imagine).

Bet you can't wait to pick your new baby up!

I'll pm you my info,

RQ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts