Maserati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
111 Posts
While - the sound of Pavarotti is undisputed and will be for a while as far as the Pininfarina lines go on the GT - ,in my personal opinion, I always imagined that both Bianca and Monica where in the office while the sketching was done - discuss among yourselves!

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah, Monica is another Italian masterpiece ..but I just went with the better known “classics“ on the comparison ..;)

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
111 Posts
Yeah, Monica is another Italian masterpiece ..but I just went with the better known “classics“ on the comparison ..;)
Every generation will have their goddess - Sophia is no doubt one of them - but in my view should would appeal more to my father but by including all three - anyone that is 80 and younger should be covered.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Those girls are beautiful but, Marilyn is the true Goddess, blonde hair-green eyes, a true Goddess. Beautiful Blondes are like Maserati's, they make every head turn to look at the gorgeous beauty and every man dreams of having one. Just look at JFK, he could have had any brunette, but wanted Marilyn.

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure, but my intent was to keep this GT comparison in a nationality-aligned manner.
Marilyn needs to be assigned a beautiful American car ... Maybe a ‘ 56 Corvette ? Or a ‘63 split window Stingray ? Or a Ford GT 40 ?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sure, but my intent was to keep this GT comparison in a nationality-aligned manner.
Marilyn needs to be assigned a beautiful American car ... Maybe a ‘ 56 Corvette ? Or a ‘63 split window Stingray ? Or a Ford GT 40 ?
A '56 Corvette? A Ford GT 40? A 63' Split window stringray? Really? I guess each person has their taste, some very rare forms of men do not associate Marilyn with beauty. But just remember, anyone can be a brunette, but not anyone can be a blonde. Just like no car can compare to a Maserati. I am sure the guys who were in the design room working on the Maserati were thinking of creating a car that stands out, not a car that "blends in".

Reactions: IamStig01

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very true, individual preferences vary vastly when it comes to aesthetics ; whether women, men, cars, etc. , etc.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Very true, individual preferences vary vastly when it comes to aesthetics ; whether women, men, cars, etc. , etc.
Very true about individual preferences...me, I'm more of a "International Brunette" man, at the moment :p

MP.jpg
No 1 wants to c my ugly mug, lol.jpg

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Pavarotti? No, too boring, too perfect. I'm staying with Gianna Nannini, she is the one who gave my Granturismo its incomparable unique tone. Only Gianna has this timbre, this dirt in the voice - and our Granturismo.

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pavarotti? No, too boring, too perfect. I'm staying with Gianna Nannini, she is the one who gave my Granturismo its incomparable unique tone. Only Gianna has this timbre, this dirt in the voice - and our Granturismo.
I turned the sound up and my wife ran into the room thinking someone may be strangling our cat ..:oops::ROFLMAO: .
Ok just kidding...I grew up listening to Gianni Morandi , and later , Toto Cutugno ( huge fan of Cutugno, btw..) and historically Italian singers with raspy voices , male or female, have always been huge hits, thus, not at all surprising about Gianna, but come on...seriously comparing that voice to the GT’s tone ?! :eek: .. Maybe a screaming Ferrari or Lamborghini exhaust would be closer, but no way near the sophisticated, powerful and tenor-like sound of our cars. IMO, of course .

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I turned the sound up and my wife ran into the room thinking someone may be strangling our cat ..:oops::ROFLMAO: .
Ok just kidding...I grew up listening to Gianni Morandi , and later , Toto Cutugno ( huge fan of Cutugno, btw..) and historically Italian singers with raspy voices , male or female, have always been huge hits, thus, not at all surprising about Gianna, but come on...seriously comparing that voice to the GT’s tone ?! :eek: .. Maybe a screaming Ferrari or Lamborghini exhaust would be closer, but no way near the sophisticated, powerful and tenor-like sound of our cars. IMO, of course .
😉

To be honest I think that the comparison with the Granturismo-sound and a human voice doesn't make any sense. When I listen to the Granturismo I think of the Granturismo and not of any singer. This car has the perfect V8-engine combustion sound produced by pure technology.

Regarding Pavarotti: I can accept only one comparison between Pavarotti and the Granturismo: both are too fat.

·
Registered
2012 GTC Nero/Sabbia
111 Posts
Those girls are beautiful but, Marilyn is the true Goddess, blonde hair-green eyes, a true Goddess. Beautiful Blondes are like Maserati's, they make every head turn to look at the gorgeous beauty and every man dreams of having one. Just look at JFK, he could have had any brunette, but wanted Marilyn.
View attachment 134152 View attachment 134153 View attachment 134154 View attachment 134155 View attachment 134156
I could never wrap my head around why Marilyn was so popular back in the day, I still don't. In a lot of ways she reminds me of Britney Spears in a way, and that is not a good thing. I am going with Bianca and Monica.. :love:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I could never wrap my head around why Marilyn was so popular back in the day, I still don't. In a lot of ways she reminds me of Britney Spears in a way, and that is not a good thing. I am going with Bianca and Monica.. :love:
Marilyn was lucky to have lived during a very "stale" period in history. She was like a peacock, feathers in full spread, walking around in a black/white world! She also happens to be one of the first examples of a woman, pulling herself up by her boot straps, to become famous. And or course her trist with a U.S. President, didn't hurt either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts