Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I saw a good write up with pics on installing spark plugs by Stats007 but could not locate it exactly.

Shouldnt be too difficult but I would like to locate the write up before starting. If anyone or stats can locate the thread I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance from UK.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I've never seen pix, but there are a few threads describing the process: remove plastic engine bay covers, remove red spark plug wire covers, remove each coil and plug.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
spark plug

Thanks Deane. It was a very comprehensive write up with pics.

Also wondering if there is any need to use copper grease on the plugs.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Just Completed

Just completed this install - There is a definite improvement - quicker crank, smoother and a slight change to the engine that I can't quite put a finger on yet but positive. When you put the NGK and the Denso Iridium side by side you can see the difference Denso is talking about with "u-groove" technology and ".4 mm center electrode" which is vastly smaller than the NGK.

The only problem is that I don't know how old the ones I took out were so I don't know if the improvement is a result of new vs old or NGK vs Denso - probably a bit of both.

The link that gave the pics was excellent and I downloaded it and made a powerpoint out of it and printed - fun to do but not really needed. Took the opportunity to powerwash the engine and bay with the cowls off.

Note: I found by accident that at least 5 of my cam cover bolts were loose - something to check for. I have left the cowl covers off for now and will spend a few hours next weekend tightening and detailing before I put the cowls back.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
They're a good install. We now carry the Denso's in stock after seeing the difference first hand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.