Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone add an Ipod adapter to there Gransport...:D ...I would like to add one to my system. Is it an easy hookup?....I have a Hi Fi system with Becker CD changer in trunk...........Does anyone have any recommendations on the brand of Ipod adapter that works best with our cars?
Can one alternate use of the CD changer or the ipod?:confused: Thanks in advance......:D :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bose

Yes! You should go with the easyily installed Bose Car iPod Kit the kit can be found at www.bosesystems.com and there is a video tutorial showing how to do it. It is easy because they did it with a combiocorsa coupe! I installed mine from their!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ipod Adapter

I haven't found anything under Bose either. searching their website www.bose.com doesn't produce much either. The last thing id want is a FM modulator, frankly, they suck. My dealer says he has a guy that installs them by splicing the cables to the CD changer, then adds a toggle switch so that they can both be used. They wanted ~$600 for the install. Hmmm....

I have also found a site www.neocaraudio.com which makes a wide variety of solutions for a range of makes (not Maserati, of course). I called the tech line and asked why they aren't able to create one for us, and he said the parts are obsolete. He wouldn't elaborate though. It must be an issue of national security.

Arghhhh....

·
Registered
52 Posts
that might work... if all else fails cut the L and R audio wires from the changer along with the ground and from the audio out of the ipod splice it in, throw a burnt cd in on continuous loop in tray 1, and when tray 1 is playing... so is the audio from the ipod. if you must toggle back and forth from changer to ipod, throw in a 4 pole switch and a toggle and call it a day

·
Registered
518 Posts
I will check with Blaupunkt's tech department about this my company is one of thier 10 regional importers for the states

·
Registered
45 Posts
Confused

My head unit is a Becker.. isnt the parent company Harman, as in Harmon Kardon? Where does Blaupunkt come in?:confused:

·
Registered
518 Posts
the 5 disc changer is a blaupunkt unit
becker is owned by harmon kardon

I talked with Blaupunkt's OEM division and they were unsure if the 10 disc changer or thier ipod interface will work...I will take one home and try it...anyone know how to remove the nav headuint in the 05 coupes?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Interesting...

The Head said:
the 5 disc changer is a blaupunkt unit
becker is owned by harmon kardon

I talked with Blaupunkt's OEM division and they were unsure if the 10 disc changer or thier ipod interface will work...I will take one home and try it...anyone know how to remove the nav headuint in the 05 coupes?

I have an 06 GS LE and i could swear my changer is a Becker unit as well... Is that possible?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I sell the iPod Interfaces on ebay, and I'm constantly getting questions about whether they will work with many OEM receivers, including the ones in the Maserati.

I've talked to Blaupunkt technical support, and they say that NO aftermarket products work with OEM stereos. I recently had a customer successfully plug the iPod Interface into an Alfa Romeo 156.

I am developing a mod for the Blaupunkt disc changer, similar to what jbondox recommended, that will play the iPod. First version may not charge the iPod, but at least it will play. Another adapter mod I am working on will play and charge the iPod. The last version (later on) would allow the toggling back and forth between the CD changer and the iPod. I know some of you iPod lovers couldn't care less about using the CD changer ever again if you can get the iPod functioning.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Sincerely, DeloreanPilot
2005 Lotus Elise
1981 Delorean

·
Registered
225 Posts
I bought the iPod adapter from DeloreanPilot

and it works great. I hooked it up to the back of my Blaupunkt CD changer, then connected an iPod extension cord (from CableJive.com) and wove it up through the battery housing in the trunk, through a gap in the left rear seat back, under the rear mat, up to my iPod, which is mounted on the side of the console with a Kuda drill-less leather mount. The iPod controls are fully functional and within easy reach. I made a somewhat radical modification to the Dice iPod connector because the internal electronics snapped off as soon as I plugged in the cord, so I removed the base (very easy -- it's thin plastic) and used the mounting bracket to affix it to the Kuda, plugging the cord directly into the iPod now instead of the flimsy base connection. I had to grind down part of the Dice base to screw it directly onto a nice leather iPod holder, which is now what holds my video iPod on the unit and looks great. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

·
Registered
43 Posts
D-Squared

Sounds like you had fun installing it. Want to have some more fun and install it for me??? LOL

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ha! Fun? Not exactly...

But it was rewarding when I finished. Finding a clear passage from the trunk to the cabin without cutting (which for me is always a last resort) was tricky. But now I know the secret. I'll try to show it in the pics.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts