Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been watching the threads and it seems that people have gotten the Ice Link plus to work on our Coupes. I have seen mentioned in th eposts that it must be for Blauplunt. However when I go to buy units it is sold for specific cars ie. BMW, VW, Audi A6 etc. As the IceLink was discontinued in the US does anyone know which one will work. Some are available surplus but the sellers only know them by the car and obviously the Maser was not a model listed by Denison.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The IceLink I installed was sold as a Blaupunkt unit, and not as specific to any car. The radio/CD system in the 2003 Spyder I own is the Magneti-Marelli unit which has a Blaupunkt compatible connector which took a Blaupunkt 5 CD changer. It is apparently 'mostly' Blaupunkt compatible because there are a few weird behaviors at times. You can check past posts for info on how to install and what works and doesn't work.
Also, I don't think the BMW version of the IceLink will work, because it seems to have special firmware, even though it is also a 'Blaupunkt' version.
Good luck
Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
icelink plus IPOD

If the BMW unit is for the Blauplunt couldn't I reflash it with the firmware you guys suggested 2f11 or is this a differnt firmware issue?

I really want to get the Ipod working in the Coupe. I prefer to do it myself and the Denison solution seems to be the best/cheapest/easiest.

I tried to contact one of the shops in Europe as suggested in another post but got no response.

Does anyone know where I can find the correct Denison unit?

·
Registered
246 Posts
It might be as simple as reflashing the BMW version, but I honestly don't know. I was able to reflash my unit, but with the generic Blaupunkt version.
Sorry I can't help much more.
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts