Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Notices this “V” cover in front of the air filter while changing the other day. Does this help prevent water being sucked up into the intake or does it help “accelerate” air flow and channels towards the filter?

Just curious.

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Registered
231 Posts
Don't suppose you got a photo? I can't see it in the parts diagram.

If I had to take a guess from the description it would probably be to deflect hard debris from puncturing the filter.

Rain water water will not harm an engine - even if the filter is soaked in water. A puddle however....

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi lambertius,

I can get a picture...actually, if you look through the left front opening in the air dam or whatever it’s called...you can see the air filter but in front of it is a “V”.

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just changed my filter yesterday and finished today and know the V you are talking about. It is in the lower air intake to the left of #19 in the middle of the assembly. My guess is that it serves 2 purposes. One to direct any hard road debris that would get into the assembly away from the filter, such as a large stick or rock or piece of metal. The other purpose maybe to direct the airflow around the filter instead of a ram air type effect. Just my under educated guess's. What a PITA the filter change was and there was a ton of leaves and debris in and around the air filter. I thought of making a screen that I could fit in the opening to help keep out leaves and other larger debris. I might have some time to do it coming up!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts