Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to set the Skyhook suspension to start up on "sport" mode? I find that I'm turning it on every time I get behind the wheel. Thanks - Bill

·
Registered
660 Posts
Is there any way to set the Skyhook suspension to start up on "sport" mode? I find that I'm turning it on every time I get behind the wheel. Thanks - Bill
???

With the SPORT mode ON (you see the amber SPORT lightning on the dash) the Skyhook is also ON on SPORT (stiffened). It stays ON as default until you press again the SPORT button (note: switching ignition off does not revert to normal mode in the GS, but IT DOES on the Coupe).

Simple.

·
Registered
357 Posts
If my 2002 Coupe GT is in sport mode when I shut down, then it is still in sport mode when I start up. I never did anything to set this up.... it just always did it. My BMW acts the way you describe and that drives me crazy, so I sympathize with your dilema.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes - same on my 2002 CC, it "remembers" the sport mode setting.

·
Registered
518 Posts
My 05 does not remember this either it is frustrating I know that SLP makes a module for the C5 corvette that does this with the traction control system I wonder if it is something that can be retroed to fit our maseratis?

·
Registered
284 Posts
My 04 does not remember either, it always default to normal mode. I have not found anyway to change the default mode.

·
Registered
660 Posts
As I said above, turning the ignition off...

GS -> DOES remember the sport setting
Coupe -> DOES NOT remember (or at least it "seems" mostly so)

With the GS it seems they "corrected" this on/off behavior...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Skyhooked

???

With the SPORT mode ON (you see the amber SPORT lightning on the dash) the Skyhook is also ON on SPORT (stiffened). It stays ON as default until you press again the SPORT button (note: switching ignition off does not revert to normal mode in the GS, but IT DOES on the Coupe).

Simple.
The Skyhook reverts to normal mode when I shut down my 03 Coupe. I'm not surprised that Mase fixed this in the GS, but from the replies it looks like it stays lit for 02 Coupe owners. :confused: Wonder if there's an ECU setting for this and, if so, how I get to it....

·
Registered
518 Posts
The Skyhook reverts to normal mode when I shut down my 03 Coupe. I'm not surprised that Mase fixed this in the GS, but from the replies it looks like it stays lit for 02 Coupe owners. :confused: Wonder if there's an ECU setting for this and, if so, how I get to it....
being able to hack the magnetti merelli software would be the start of that...then creating a GUI that translates it into what lines of code do what...and while you are in there see if you can find a way to emulate an SDS-3 so we can run our own Kiss Point calibrations and TCU resets

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ECU Hacking

being able to hack the magnetti merelli software would be the start of that...then creating a GUI that translates it into what lines of code do what...and while you are in there see if you can find a way to emulate an SDS-3 so we can run our own Kiss Point calibrations and TCU resets
It was a lot easier to get into the ECU settings in my old Audi TT...you could get the GUI's for that....:cool: I'll see what the dealer says next service since they have the software.

·
Registered
43 Posts
2002 Coupe

Looks like the 2002s and the Gransports remember Sport mode correctly.

My 2002 Coupe Cambiocorsa remembers its Sport mode setting from the last time the car was on.

But traction control (ASR) always defaults to "on". So it has to be turned off everytime the car is restarted. I believe that the GS and Ferraris are the same way.

- Jon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts