Maserati Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't think maintenance cost should be your deciding factor in your decision. At these price tags you should be able to afford it and if you can't you are stretching youself to thin....Also just want to comment on the maserati in the traffic!....I don't mind it what so ever. I love seeing all the peoples faces while I down shift from 3rd to second and their wondering what the hell am I driving! The sound of this car is amazing. OK Ok I'ma newbie and still have a boner from the car but all I want to do now is go out and drive...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I agree. The sound of the car is amazing. When I test drove, it we were sitting at a traffic light and I was looking around wondering where all the noise was coming from and then I realized it was the Grandsport. Sweet!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Good move. Saw an IS F yesterday and it looked like a toy to me. I know it puts up very nice numbers but there is really no comparison.

Enjoy your new Maserati!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Plus those "stacked" exhausts look dumb!
They're not really stacked, they're just exhaust tips detached from the actual exhaust which is your standard pipes. This is also true for the Audi R8

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Plus those "stacked" exhausts look dumb!
I agree with that. The exhaust tips on the California Ferrari are stacked in a similar way, but I think the entire back end of that car is a disaster anyway -- very large and very flat. Great looking F car otherwise though IMHO.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I agree with that. The exhaust tips on the California Ferrari are stacked in a similar way, but I think the entire back end of that car is a disaster anyway -- very large and very flat. Great looking F car otherwise though IMHO.
i think the california looks amazing saw it in person at Ferrari of San Fran.....Pictures don't do it justice.....the rear end is kind of BIG but still very sexy...please post pics of you car when you get the chance

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
i think the california looks amazing saw it in person at Ferrari of San Fran.....Pictures don't do it justice.....the rear end is kind of BIG but still very sexy...please post pics of you car when you get the chance
I saw one recently at Ferrari of Washington & wasn't blown-away by it. I couldn't put my finger on it but I just didn't care for something....then I read an article in Jalopnik.com and they used the term 'over-styled'. I think that's my problem with the California...there's just too much exterior stuff to look at....curves, bumps, angles, cut-outs, scoops, etc....

Having said all that. I still take one in a heart-beat. Launch control is cool too...if you can afford a new clutch every twelve launches.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The one at Ferrari of Washington is black. They told me it is for display purposes only for the time being -- as in they have had offers and can't sell it. I should add that the back seats are worthless for hauling passengers and I thought that was in large part the point of the car.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Maybe my little contribution will be of value...

I have given myself permission to buy (another) car.
Current rides..
06 GS (with loads-o-mods)
05 Elise (bunch of stuff done to it...)

Considering:
Gallardo
Murci.
F430
F360
Spyker

So, wife and I have been test driving all of these. (I can give you guys reports on each..if requested) Here is the result. The GS and the Lotus are the perfect combo. Our GS has a bunch of the FD stuff and we just added a Tubi cans. The car is stupid cool now. The Tubis ARE a tad too loud but, unbelievable cool sounding. Stupid cool, really.

After driving those other cars...and knowing that they would all cost $100-150k...I simply didn't/ couldn't feel enough of a difference from what we have. It kind of sucks...I was hoping for something new. The GS is an amazing deal (used) and realistically, its all the road car you will ever need.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Maybe my little contribution will be of value...

I have given myself permission to buy (another) car.
Current rides..
06 GS (with loads-o-mods)
05 Elise (bunch of stuff done to it...)

Considering:
Gallardo
Murci.
F430
F360
Spyker

So, wife and I have been test driving all of these. (I can give you guys reports on each..if requested) Here is the result. The GS and the Lotus are the perfect combo. Our GS has a bunch of the FD stuff and we just added a Tubi cans. The car is stupid cool now. The Tubis ARE a tad too loud but, unbelievable cool sounding. Stupid cool, really.

After driving those other cars...and knowing that they would all cost $100-150k...I simply didn't/ couldn't feel enough of a difference from what we have. It kind of sucks...I was hoping for something new. The GS is an amazing deal (used) and realistically, its all the road car you will ever need.
You can't feel the difference between a Murci and your GS??!!!!

Well, I guess you owe yourself an Enzo or a MC12 then :D:D

·
Registered
167 Posts
A valid point!
We are very lucky to have such great cars...these are special beasts to be sure. I guess my previous point was that those other cars were not worth (to me) 2-3 times as much. At some point..its becomes all about ego.

·
Registered
633 Posts
The one at Ferrari of Washington is black. They told me it is for display purposes only for the time being -- as in they have had offers and can't sell it. I should add that the back seats are worthless for hauling passengers and I thought that was in large part the point of the car.
Yea the black California is a display model, but the 8C is for sale... somebody buy it so I can oogle more often!

BTW, congrats Chris, and nice choice :)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts