Maserati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - when I got my coupe , I part ex my E320 in - dealer to settle outstanding finance on E320 as part of the deal - thats normal you all say - well it is if the jokers settle your outstanding finance when the deal takes place, I had no idea until the good old bank statement comes through the door - finance co still taking the E320 payment off - With the speed of an injury lawyer - onto the finance co - "its not settled sir" wtf!!! faster than you could type cr4p - on to the dealer "Don't know should be done anyway you will get your money back from the finance co" - finance co "funny the dealer just asked for a settlement figure second time in 6 weeks , money back? no its the dealers prob" - steam outa both ears - my lawyer guy " dealers full of sh1t its their prob" - dealer after many calls and an obnoxious visit to the showroom (shouting and generally being a nusiance when they had other customers on the floor - gets you helped faster than a rat up a drainpipe!) "you willl get your check wednesday latest" - Friday comes and goes .... multiple phone calls eventually popped fuse - stealer " Monday latest" - .

Guys you know its not even the money its the principle - the saga continues !!!

My lawyer guy reckons common practice for dealers to get settlement then wait until the validation (30days?) on the settlement figure is about to run out then they settle - helps their cashflow - No sh1t sherlock !!!

Some car salesman now in the same league as door to door doubleglazing salesmen - Were they ever any different ? but damn this is a main maserati / ferrari and porsche dealer in the UK :mad:

Enough said - episode two follows .......

Oh and can I put the guilty parties names up here to shame them ?

Have a good one

Tim

·
Registered
19 Posts
You wouldn't be referring to a dealership near a well-known swimming pool, would you?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hummm... let me think... is it Stra... Stats... Stone... or something like that? ;)

Ed

·
Registered
660 Posts
Heheheheeee... just wanted to be not too literal... :D

Was it Alphera involved or Maser FS? Just curious.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Heheheheeehe :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi - where about you based - thats three I've seen including mine in the last week - we should invent an occasion / excuse for a few beers

·
Registered
660 Posts
SE London... you should try and attend the FLM (Ferrari/Lambo/Maser) 2006 gathering @ Virgin's Babylon Restaurant Roof Gardens on OCT 8. PM me for details.

Reckon a long drive from Manchester...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Babylon

Is this meet a 'secret handshake' kind of deal, or is there an open invitation? I'd hate to crash an event for the more 'up-market' owners.

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So a long drive ahead Maz Man ?

Its a sunday (Oct 8) - its only 250 miles ish each way - how many can we get to drive from the sunny NW? - should be a blast

I'm up for it

cheers

Tim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hmmmm...

A great opportunity to test out the Sat Nav, Stereo (Auditorium spec), Integrated Phone (for calling the nice man at the RAC when I break down), or maybe the foam pump thingy (if I get a puncture).

Lift anyone....?

·
Registered
237 Posts
you chaps across the pond sure do talk funny!
heh

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Two things

Maseratifan - yeah sure we speak funny, comes from living on the US's biggest aircraft carrier - but hey at least we know how to spell colour :D , most likely caused by all the bad weather we have in the frozen wastelands of NW rural England and the warm flat beer we consume lol.

Mas Man - that foam stuff is rubbish (thats cr4p MF) - never seen it work ever on bikes or cars - thats why the RAC monkey is our friend (thats buddy MF) - still wouldn't let him ever open the bonnet (thats hood MF)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts