Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If we want to make any change in the way Maserati dealers are treating us we must start rating them.

So, let's talk about our experiences with the dealers and give them a rating form 1 to 5 stars, for example.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well, I'll start......

My only dealings have been with FM of Orange County (CA). They did my All Fluids/Filters Change, a separate oil/filter change, and some warranty work. The warranty work was replacing the front timing cover gasket which is a fairly big labor job. They did a beautiful job on all service, and Service Writer Mitch and Service Manager John are always a pleasure to deal with. From what I've seen on The Forum, FMofOC's charges are in the ballpark of other dealerships.

Got to give them a 5 rating!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Algar Ferrari / Maserati definiyely a 5. Naples Luxury Imports: -10!

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
ratings

Ferrari Maserati of Long Island service dept. earns 1/2 star. Ownership changed within the last year.The top mechanics,service manager & some salespersons jumped ship leaving FMLI with little to no experience.Many former customers now happily go to Universal AutoSports (5 stars), which is where those who left FMLI now work.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Dealer

Auto Gallery in Canoga park (service) (sales) in Calabasas CA

Service 4. 1/2 Stars / They did help me get a lot in under warranty. They don't understand however about returning you car back clean, after a long stay for work. I just tell them leave it and I will clean it when I get it home.

Sales 2. Stars / When I was looking for a Coupe GT they did not wish to look past the dealer lot for a car,that was around 2-3 years ago. I found my car on the web at Smith Lotus where I had bought my Elise in 2005. My 2003 coupe GT was sold new from the Auto Gallery when they had the show room in Woodland Hills in 2003.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Cauley

Sales - Don't know
Service - 1 star

Cauley F/M of West Bloomfield, MI told me my car was under warranty until a date certain, then when I took the car in for a complete inspection and to have the CD changer replaced before that date, they told me that they had the wrong date in their computer and the actual warranty date from MNA had already expired so that the (street $350) CD changer would cost me $1,800+ to have replaced. One strike.

I can live with mistakes, but no apology whatsoever, not even an "I feel bad about this" from Joe the service tech who was the one who had originally told me the bad date - and he tried to deny it until I gave him the date that he had given me months before, at which point he had to admit that it was the same (incorrect) date showing in his computer. Still nothing but an indirect "too bad". After I pressed the issue a bit more, he offered to replace it for $1,300+ which was still a rip-off given the actual cost of the unit and the simplicity of replacement. Two strikes.

And, finally, they returned my car missing the CD I had in it. I called back and they said they would check for it and get back with me. Never heard from them again. Three strikes.

·
Registered
173 Posts
For the Eastern PA/NJ area, Algar F/M in Rosemont PA is an excellent dealer - sales people are extremely knowledgable but low key and Marc Cedrone, the service manager, runs a 5-star garage. Not inexpensive, but their very experienced mechanics do the job right the first time, on time, no excuses.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My experience with Auto Gallery was way different than Ron's.

I'd give the service dept. 3 stars.
No experience with their sales dept.

About 3 years ago I almost bought a Ferrari 355 with Ferrari of Beverly Hills and was very impressed with their sales team. 5 stars for them. Sales only, no experience with their service dept.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I use Ferrari/Maserati Beverly Hills.. They have always been top notch compared to several other service centers I use: Jag, mercedes etc.

They recently replaced a few cosmetic parts before the warranty expired and fixed a few items I had forgotten to mention.... Always best to schedule an appointment to receive their full and uninterrupted attention.

Sales dept was great when I bought my car, although my salesman transfered to silicon valley since my purchase.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'd give my local dealer "Ferrari & Maserati of Seattle" 5 stars for both service and sales.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts