Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here's the analysis from FM on my '02 CC which I haven't driven more than a day since I bought it a few weeks ago. As previously posted, my F1 tranny light would come on and although the car would continue to shift perfectly normal, once you shifted to neutral, she would then not shift back into any gear until you did a power reset to clear the code.

Just to make sure I'm explaining right when you pull the paddles with the light on, engine running, nothing - like the paddles were deactivated. If you go however from 1st to reverse and don't put her in neutral, she'll go without a problem. If you put her in neutral, that's it - no more shift until you do the following:

as for example, during a 3 point turn the light came on and I'm dead in the water blocking traffic -- routine is, turn off engine, get out, power off, waive to on lookers, wait 1, power on, wait 1 - talk to police, continue to waive at on lookers, give finger to on lookers, start engine, light's off, engage gear perfectly.

On visit 1 to FM, the reverse lever code showed and they replaced the module. Drove it home, next day, same thing. Flatbed back for visit 2 on Tuesday. They didn't 'get to it' until today - Friday.

1. It threw the same code and a brake switch code.

2. They hooked it up to the SDK2 (?) and said that they "think" the pump may be going - here's the explanation. The graph shows that when switching back and forth from neutral to 1st (a test they performed) a certain level of pressure should be maintained. After about 10 times, the pressure starts to drop and the code is thrown. They have checked the CC fluid filters and level and said they are clean and full.

They are going to test some more on Monday, including the F1 relay and let me know but are leaning to the new pump as the next attempt at a fix.

I'm new with Maserati and F1, have read all the posts and gotten feedback here on possible issues. From what I can gather, the F1 pump seems fine - - - as it primes on door open, shifts are quick, definitive and smooth, clutch only has 2500 miles and I don't feel any slippage. I can hear the actuators going when changing gears at a light - this concerned me at first but others have assured me this is normal as a result of its placement in the rear.

My gut just says it's not the F1 pump and its a sensor/switch issue. Could be completely wrong but would appreciate some thoughts on the issue from those that have come across this. TIA

Edit - One last observation at times the light would come on while driving and then would simply go off.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hello Ramp,
as I said, though with some difference my car is having a similar problem. I do get same drop in system pressure and the pump has been changed already. My dealer is leaning toward changing the actuator as they presume there's is an internal pressure leak. Actuator is a much more expensive part than the pump... of course.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Guys....

If you buy the actuator or the pump from Eurospares, it's about half the cost of the same part from FM...

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank god I have a Coupe GT ! :rolleyes:
I'm starting to think the same thing. This is just not worth it.

If you buy the actuator or the pump from Eurospares, it's about half the cost of the same part from FM...
I'm not about to buy either. Remember, I haven't had one full day with this car. I'm starting to lean towards sending it back to the dealer for good. Spoke to another dealer on some options he has, i.e., '04, 05 and '06 - it's one thing to run into this after owning the car for a few years, but less than 24 hours !

The '06 is great but its $80k and I'll bet it's going to drop 40%-50% in the next 12-24 months. The '04 is very nice, has all I was looking for but does NOT have the leather roof. I was shocked to see the crap they put in when they don't use leather - reminded me of a ford rental.

·
Registered
69 Posts
is ti worth it?

well ramp, I was just a little bit more lucky than you as I got to use the car for around a week. which means that I was more unlucky because it prevents any claim to previous owner as the car was working perfectly with no error codes being thrown when I got it.

This was two months ago. Car has been in the shop ever since and still I haven't received from the dealer a definitive action plan, meaning... they still haven't figured it out. They say it's the actuator... but until I receive a proforma I guess it means they're not exactly sure what they're doing. Which is upsetting. Because one thing is to say "it' the actuator, need replacement it's 1500 quid" another thing is to say "it is PROBABLY the actuator we're testing the system...".

As to whether it's worth it I don't know. The car ran great, I'm looking forward to experience that again soon. But this is not my everyday driver so though I don't enjoy it, I don't mind if the car spends time in the shop at this stage.

If after the thing is supposedly fixed stuff starts happening again then the car will go for sure. and this time will be Ferrari with 6 speed cage.

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why is Ferrari CC more reliable ?

. . . they still haven't figured it out. They say it's the actuator... but until I receive a proforma I guess it means they're not exactly sure what they're doing. Which is upsetting. Because one thing is to say "it' the actuator, need replacement it's 1500 quid" another thing is to say "it is PROBABLY the actuator we're testing the system...".
That's what's annoying - that my dealer just doesn't know yet either. They now 'think' its the F1 pump - my gut says no - and I'm not looking forward to putting in the F1 pump, then the actuator, then . . . - just not worth the aggravation.

It's not my daily driver either but I guess I'm like a kid in the toy store. I own it and want to play with it.

Going to seriously see what the FM dealer offers me for it in exchange for an '04 and '05 they have. What I don't get is that if the CC is the same as the Ferrari version, then why is the Ferrari more reliable ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts