Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, after many many problem with my F1 system and after the car already went through a long stop at the dealer during wich they claimed they solved the problem...
after only 50 or so miles the same problems happens again, the pump is fried due to overworking, again due to what seems to be an internal leak in the system.

When the problem happened (24 apr) I towed the car to the dealer which had the car since. They called me two days ago (ONE MONTH LATER) saying that the problem MIGHT be a leak in the actuator OR in the power unit and that they can only find out by replacing the parts.

Since buying both parts MIGHT not be necessary, they proposed to use a donor car to replace the parts. and they want to charge me for the labour required for the operation which amounts to 2400 USD !!!

Is this something normal for a dealer to propose? 2400 USD for diagnosis? Can't they just buy both parts themselves and charge me for the one that actually needs replacing? Oh forgot to mention... they claim the price of an actuator is 10450 USD!!! when anyone can buy from eurospares a brand new official maserati actuator fo 1700 GBP...

I'm informing Maserati customer care of this bullshit I'm getting from their dealer here in Bahrain but so far they gave full support to them.

I am amazed. No wonder there a no maseratis in this country...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I would send an email to Roberto Ronchi...

Tell him exactly what is going on and provide him all the facts... Send him the link to the exact same part at Eurospares... Trust me, the dealer there will bending over backwards for you soon..... Everyone here who got the Trident Magazine received a personalized letter from Roberto with his contact information. I don't have mine here with me now but someone here probably has access to theirs...

Also, don't use parts from a donor car, who knows what is wrong with them, get new parts.... That car could have become a donor car due to the same problems you are having... Any dealer who would suggest this, shouldn't be a dealer. I can't even imagine those words coming out of the service manager here at Ferrari of Denver.... No way possible that would happen...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Does not sound like they are using used parts, but a 2nd vehicle as a test/diagnosis vehicle.

Either way, you/we pay a dealer a Premium for their expertise. You should not have to pay for them to educate themselves. This kind of stuff scares the crap out of me. $10k for an actuator? that is a third of the market value of my car

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The suggestion to use parts from similar car is ONLY for diagnosis purposes... after I pay the 2,400... let's say they find out it's the actuator (though it could be both parts that need to be changed... adding up to nearly 20,000 USD...) then I'd have to pay labour + part for that as well... not to mention I am already paying nearly 2,500 to replace the pump fried after they handed the car back to me the first time saying everything was fixed just by bleeding the system...

There is obviously no alternative other than involving Maserati, I was hoping (since I'm italian) I would have gotten more support but so far they backed the dealer. After this crazy bullshit I hope they'll change their mind.

What drives me crazy is that they had the car for over a month and nothing happened, it's ridiculous. :(

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Tell him exactly what is going on and provide him all the facts... Send him the link to the exact same part at Eurospares... Trust me, the dealer there will bending over backwards for you soon..... Everyone here who got the Trident Magazine received a personalized letter from Roberto with his contact information. I don't have mine here with me now but someone here probably has access to theirs...
You can reach him at: [email protected]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Follow up

Hello All,
just a follow up...
I received the car two days ago... which makes it 2.5 months since I handed them the keys...

So far the cars seems to run fine, eventually better than before.
I ended up changing the pump, an electro-valve and the alternator.

I wrote maserati many times but only received a reply to my first email. In the second one I begged them to help the dealer figure things out and eventually that's what they did. The deale guy mentioned they received photo instructions from maserati.

We'll see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts