Maserati Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deadline Reminder: Early Registration deadline for the Maserati Owners National Meet is April 30, 2008
Registration Forms are available at www.italiancarsatpocono.com

Attachments

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
This is going to be a great event, if you haven't decided whether to go...

You should certainly consider it. Many days of truly being able to enjoy your Italian supercar with other enthusiasts. Events, driving, very good times. Transportation isn't really that expensive, you just need to book in advance.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Who is going?

Thank you Joe for the reminder and Jeff for the endorsement. As a relatively new Maserati owner, I am very excited about the event and look forward to it. Can I ask who is planning on going? Would any of you be interested in having a Maserati Life get together, i.e. meet and greet over a beer? It would be fun and an honour to put a face to the name / avitar!

And Jeff, are you coming? If so, any chance you can help install some chips?;)

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
We are planning to attend, we're working out the details as I'm confident it will be a quality event. Joe puts on a very reputable and professional event. I believe it's the largest gathering of Maserati and maybe Italian Cars in the USA. Joe can you confirm this?

We do hope to perform a few installs while we're there as the event draws near we will setup a schedule. It's been suggested that we may have a lift and perform, Larini installs, Power Chips, Drive By Wires, etc.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
I feel like a broken record but... a forum customer of ours is heading out to Vegas for the installation.

His car was at the dealer for a bit, it's now back in his hands. We met him in So Cal at the driving event and he confirmed that he will be out here in a few weeks for the install. We'll keep you posted as soon as they're tested and we have a successful install and a positive result.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Joe for the reminder and Jeff for the endorsement. As a relatively new Maserati owner, I am very excited about the event and look forward to it. Can I ask who is planning on going? Would any of you be interested in having a Maserati Life get together, i.e. meet and greet over a beer? It would be fun and an honour to put a face to the name / avitar!

And Jeff, are you coming? If so, any chance you can help install some chips?;)
We already have a number of people from Maserati Life registred. It would be a good chance for everyone to get together especially those in the Northeast since the event is a short driver from all the major metro centers along RT95.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe it's the largest gathering of Maserati and maybe Italian Cars in the USA. Joe can you confirm this?
We are the largest 3 Day Event for Maseratis and Italian cars and the 2nd largest overall behind Concorso Italiano which is a single day show.

On the track side we are the largest event for Italian cars in North America.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Deadline Reminder: Early Registration deadline for the Maserati Owners National Meet is April 30, 2008
Registration Forms are available at www.italiancarsatpocono.com
Thank you for the reminder! Could you let those of us "newbies" know what we can expect in terms of the actual driving experience? What does the Mandatory Driving School cover? Please forgive this next question, but is it a reasonably welcoming environment for those of us with out the "super exotics" and with little to no previous track experience? I only ask because I have been involved in other activities where the inexperienced were seen as an irritant to the self proclaimed experts. How quickly we can forget we all have to start somewhere! And what many of us lack in experience, we make up in enthusiasm!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the reminder! Could you let those of us "newbies" know what we can expect in terms of the actual driving experience? What does the Mandatory Driving School cover? Please forgive this next question, but is it a reasonably welcoming environment for those of us with out the "super exotics" and with little to no previous track experience? I only ask because I have been involved in other activities where the inexperienced were seen as an irritant to the self proclaimed experts. How quickly we can forget we all have to start somewhere! And what many of us lack in experience, we make up in enthusiasm!
Do you mean like a ritual hazing where the new drivers are covered with olive oil, then must stand up in front of all the other drivers and sing Inno di Mameli (Italian National Anthem)?

No, we don't do that..................anymore.:)

The Mandatory Drivers School, takes place after the Concorso. There you get to met the Chief Driving Instructor from SRE who will go over driving principals etc., the Chief Track Steward in charge of the corner workers that will go over the flags, track conditions etc. and the Event Track Director (Ferrari Club National Track Chairman) who will go over the rules & regulations of the event.

There is also a brief driver's meeting each morning before the track event starts.

Drivers will be grouped by skill level. Green (Beginner) White (Novice) Blue (Intermediate) Red (Advanced). The Green group will work directly with the instructors before they are promoted to White group by the instructors.

With over 25 sessions per day (in a rotation of 4) you will get plenty of track time.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
For those of you who are looking to improve your skills in your Maserati with other like minded and mostly sane individuals... this is a great opportunity. Many other track days are littered with banged up corrollas and miatas. This will be a professionally run event at a beautiful track that will also display the wonderful history of the Maserati. It really doesn't get any better than this.

We will be there and can perform installs for customers at the event as well. We will need you to get registered with the event and contact us to schedule a time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Do you mean like a ritual hazing where the new drivers are covered with olive oil, then must stand up in front of all the other drivers and sing Inno di Mameli (Italian National Anthem)?

No, we don't do that..................anymore.:)

The Mandatory Drivers School, takes place after the Concorso. There you get to met the Chief Driving Instructor from SRE who will go over driving principals etc., the Chief Track Steward in charge of the corner workers that will go over the flags, track conditions etc. and the Event Track Director (Ferrari Club National Track Chairman) who will go over the rules & regulations of the event.

There is also a brief driver's meeting each morning before the track event starts.

Drivers will be grouped by skill level. Green (Beginner) White (Novice) Blue (Intermediate) Red (Advanced). The Green group will work directly with the instructors before they are promoted to White group by the instructors.

With over 25 sessions per day (in a rotation of 4) you will get plenty of track time.
Joe: I've pre-registered for your Pocono event and paid for track time, but I don't want to race, I'm only interested in driving on the track on Sunday to enjoy some hot laps in my GranSport without speed limits, stop signs, etc. I assume that is what "lunch-time touring" is for. Two questions:
1. Is my assumption correct?
2. Do I need to bring a helmet for this?
Let me know - thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts