Maserati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been loving my 2009 GT, but I just got back from a vacation and seem to have my first serious problem. I went to use the FOB this morning and it did not operate - did not set alarm, open doors, or anything. Running late for work, I assumed the battery on the FOB died.

Got home, replaced the FOB - still nothing. Using the info I learned on this forum, I discovered the manual release of the door handle, so got inside, turned the key of the ignition. Nothing happened with the exception of the hazard light button lighting up (but when I pressed it, nothing happened). I assumed the battery for some reason completely drained during my 10 days away so I figured I would just charge or replace it.

This is where it is a problem - when I went to extract my key from the ignition, it is locked there! It will not pull out or anything. I can turn it to the 'start' position, but I cannot extract it.

No buttons work, not even the trunk release so I can get to the battery and since my one and only key is locked in the ignition, it is now in my driveway, unlocked, with the key inside.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

·
Registered
244 Posts
your battery is dead, there is a manual cord under the passenger seat if you do a search you'll find many threads about it where you'll read all about the stuck key and manual trunk cord.

·
Super Moderator
4,039 Posts
your battery is dead, there is a manual cord under the passenger seat if you do a search you'll find many threads about it where you'll read all about the stuck key and manual trunk cord.
He's right. It's under the rear seat. On the UK model, behind the passenger, so that would make it behind the US driver's seat.

The key will come out if you press the emergency release:

https://www.howacarworks.com/manuals/doc/d276-owners-manual-maseratie-granturismo-my09-us/read/pdf?page=96

C

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just have to say - you guys are amazing!

All your help was invaluable to helping me get my car going again! Was able to release my key, thanks to Catman, was able to pop my trunk, thanks to newmas, and I was able to get

I went to O'Reilly autoparts, got a Schumacher trickle charger for $30:
SC-600A-CA - Schumacher Electric
It worked perfectly, a charge overnight and all is well!

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts