Maserati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with taking the leather off the dash and the instrument hood, they have removed the tables from the back of the seats on the Executive package. When asked, my salesperson said it was because they had different sensors for the airbags so that the airbags would deploy with the force needed depending on the person's body weight.
Not that I'm calling my salesperson a liar, I don't believe this. You can have the sensors and adjust them so that you can have the tables weight on the back of the seat and still have intelligent airbags.

·
Registered
909 Posts
It's not that they took the leather off, they just changed the options around a little bit. The top of the dash is no longer the same as the top of the doors. The top of the doors matches the outsides of the seats I believe, and the middle of the door matches the middle of the seats. I think this is no longer a standard customization option, but still possible to change on special order. I will have to check on that part though.

For the seats, I believe it was a combination of some small things, like space for all of the electronics, including the whole heating \ cooling \ massage systems, plus the intelligent airbag system, without re-engineering the backs of the seats. They also removed the map pockets from non exec cars. I wouldn't be surprised if it was something they revisited in the future.

·
Registered
695 Posts
My understanding is that European QPs will continue to have the table option while the option is no longer available for the U.S.

It does have to do with the intelligent airbag system in the seat. With weight on the table - it changes the way the airbag operates (force of deployment or no deployment) depending on whether there is a passenger in the seat or not. I don't know if the same airbag system comes on all 2007 QPs or if the new system is for U.S. only.

Thus the reason the table option has been eliminated for the U.S. market can be summed up in one word - lawyers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts