Maserati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read many excellent reviews of Formula Dynamic's Drive by Wire Enhancement. My recollection is that most of these were installed on Coupes. Also, if I have read other posts correctly, there have been improvements in the DuoSelect transmission on the QP 07 models. I am not sure if the improvements related more to the hardware, e.g. throw out bearing and / or software.

Is there therefore a significant improvement to be gained on later model QPs? Are there any QP 07 DuoSelect owners who have installed Jeff's DBWE?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have this installed in my '06 QP. This upgrade was a godsend b/c it cleared up the very un-natural response of the accelerator. The stock setup has a very unlinear response when accelerating that seems to either take off really slow or all out with not much in between. This module makes accelerator react like am accelerator in an average car that is not drive by wire. Plus it has a switch for a more aggressive mode too. I installed the module my self with a screwdriver, pliers,solder iron, & roll of tape that matches stock fabric tape around harnesses to hide all work in case I bring in for warranty repair. Total time of install was about 1 hr b/c did everything very slow and factory stealth looking

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is 06 QP DuoSelect the same as 07?

Thank you for you experience. I guess I am still left wondering however if the improvement you experienced on 06 will be realized on an 07, i.e. were there any changes to the 07 software and or hardware that would minimize any improvement from a DBWE?

·
Vendor
4,731 Posts
Thank you for you experience. I guess I am still left wondering however if the improvement you experienced on 06 will be realized on an 07, i.e. were there any changes to the 07 software and or hardware that would minimize any improvement from a DBWE?
We have programs for all years and models of the QP. The 07 Sport GT is actually one of the best programs! The difference will be very noticable.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stealth

I am considering installing the DBWE but want to know how stealthy an install is possible! Does anyone have suggestions and especially any pictures showing how to route the harness, place the module, install switch for a QP? Feel free to private post if you wish to keep it a "secret"! ;)

·
Registered
905 Posts
I have the DBW and ECm in my 07. Undetectable and incredible difference in performance. I can no longer tolerate the car without the chipsets in (when going in for service, etc.).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts