Maserati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trunk recess on my 04 coupe is damp and the tool kit and tire repair kit is covered in condensation.

Whats that all about?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

My Gransport is exactly the same. The recess where the spare wheel should be was swimming in about 5 inches of water when I picked it up new. Wierd thing is that the rest of the boot is dry and there are no signs of where the water is coming from from above, i.e. from the bootlid area. So I assume it's coming from below.

It now stinks & I have demanded Maserati change the whole boot lining as it is discoloured and smells!

Other than the rubber stripping coming off the passenger door kickplates, the headlight washer cover falling off (somewhere on the road) the drivers window mechansim being f**cked, both drivers and passengers doors getting stuck 50% of time and the wet boot problem it's a great car!!!!

Stu

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear about those issues Stu. Mine is 5 months old now and covered 5k miles and this is the first real issue. It's a mystery all right. By the way my dealer said don't operate the headlight washers above 90 miles per hour as they will come off! So we know what youve been up to!

Steve

·
Registered
115 Posts
Stu, Steve,

Have either of you had heavy rain in your part(s) of the world? It doesn't sound as if it's coming from above, and I wondered if you've had to drive through largish puddles or longer stretches of water.

Or could it be pressure-hosing? Got me in a panic now - will have a look in the spare wheel recess tomorrow a.m. Mine hasn't stood in the rain or even been out on a wet day, so if there's anything there it'll be the pressure hose.

:?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The water was in there when I picked up the car. Was not raining on the way home, took all the bits out of the boot and there was the water. Nice PDI!!!!!

It was fresh when I smelt it. Now the boot stinks of stagnant water.

It is going in for the 1st service as I have now done 1,550 miles since the 6th March!!!. It will have all the problems as I have mentioned on here previously rectified (I have demanded a new boot lining also).

I also admit and I hate to do it, that I "kerbed" my front N-S anthracite alloy in my solicitors car-park coach house enterance. The 996 fitted through the coach house enterance and upon trying in the Gransport, I realised that the Maser is somewhat wider than a 996!!! I have 5 cars currently and have not kerbed anything for the past 6 years, so I am mightily annoyed. Anyway I think Lancaster will try to get it repaired FOC to make up for all the initial problems I have been experiencing.

Once this is done, I will indeed get some pictures done. It does look menacing in black, with black grills and anthracite wheels.

Now it is initially run in, I have opened it out and although low-speed pick-up is slower than the 996 (that was a really linear engine) I feel it is faster overall than the 996. I am really impressed with the mid-range grunt. My dealer told me that he has played their GS demo car against their demo 360 on various occassions and on the move, the GS was faster and pulled away from the 360 in real world speeds, i.e. under 95mph. Over that, the 360 would apparently "just" pull away, but it would be marginal.

Cheers,

Stu

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's really strange. The bottom of the recess was damp, but the tool kit and tyre kit were soaked with condensation. Any water would have dripped out of the drain hole, but the mystery is where the water came from. Now emptied the boot to see if I get a repeat.

McNab said:
Stu, Steve,

Have either of you had heavy rain in your part(s) of the world? It doesn't sound as if it's coming from above, and I wondered if you've had to drive through largish puddles or longer stretches of water.

Or could it be pressure-hosing? Got me in a panic now - will have a look in the spare wheel recess tomorrow a.m. Mine hasn't stood in the rain or even been out on a wet day, so if there's anything there it'll be the pressure hose.

:?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK its wet again with an eigth of an inch of water. Seems that the left hand edge of the boot shelf recess is wet also. The "drain hole" under the car doesnt go through into the boot, it seems to hit a plastic liner. Presume leaking from the boot lid gutter somewhere?????/

·
Registered
115 Posts
Checked it and dry as a bone, despite thorough hosing. Will have to leave it out in the rain and see what happens. If that fails will try driving through some ginormous puddles !

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Think I've found the cause - the rubber seal is collecting water in it's horizontal channel and then it overflows the little bead that runs around it, it trickles down into the trunk. Dont know why the seal is wet in the first place - capilary action or the seal to trunk lid is not tight enough. Took the plunge and cut some tiny holes in the seal to drain the water outsde the trunk before it gets a chance to overflow into the trunk
Let you know how i get on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts