Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

My 2006 Gransport LE is being serviced at i asked them to look at the front tires which have bubbles on the side wall. They just called to say that that both front rims have damage to them from a large knock or pothole which explains the bubbling.

Anyone else experienced the damaged rims from running the pirelli tires, i have seen quite a few cars like this with same bubbles in tires and guessed it was maybe not the strongest tire as i was hoping to switch over to michelins, now looks like ill have to...

Plus where's a good place in LA to get some Ball Polished rims at a good price.

Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
250 Posts
It's not in LA; however, I've used Wheel Collision Center in Pennsylvania via mail order for wheels in the past. They charge $675 - http://www.wheelcollision.com/maserati1.htm. Alternatively you can get your current rims reforged/rebuilt locally.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try : Coast General Performance in Costa Mesa, Ca

714.540.5710 ask for Ron tell them Roger sent you.

I have chrome 20's that have been done 4 times. Bad pot holes between here and the desert. ( I bought a spare wheel, so I have one ready each time I do it)

·
Registered
722 Posts
It's probably more the fault of tall rims than the brand of tire. Boring old 18's leave a lot more sidewall for pothole immunity.

I've always thought it funny that the regions with the highest disposable incomes also seem to have the worst roads and most traffic, maybe a karma issue?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I echo Vincent's experience with the Wheel Collision Center in Bath. Had a number of BMW rims repaired to original spec and cosmetics and was very happy.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The thing is that ball polished and aluminum as soft as ours are much harder to do. Velvet touch is the only mobile one I know that can do ball polished period. (in this area)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Tim, This has very little to do with the brand of tire you are using and far more to do with the sidewall aspect ratio on the car...regardless of tire you need to be very weary of potholes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just spoke (hehe) with Nathan the owner at velvet touch and he quoted me about 130 a wheel plus 20 for rebalancing. He said the finish would be very close to the ball polish but as I have 3 rims that need a little attention to do all four. 600 for all four is better than i ever expected.

2006 coupe CC
Ray

1 - 11 of 11 Posts