Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

First of all, kudos on a terrific forum with great information, I am looking forward to learning more about these great cars.

I could really use some advice as to whether a 2006 Gran Sport would be a good daily driver. I've had my eyes on it for a while and considering getting a fairly low-miles one in the next few days. Problem is, it would be my primary car (daily commute about 15 miles each way) and I would appreciate your thoughts on the car - reliability, comfort, typical issues etc. - now that the current owners got another year or two under their belt.

I was glad to have found a thread with info (and great pictures) on fitting the baby seat, so it's nice to get this issue out of the way LOL

Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi guys,

First of all, kudos on a terrific forum with great information, I am looking forward to learning more about these great cars.

I could really use some advice as to whether a 2006 Gran Sport would be a good daily driver. I've had my eyes on it for a while and considering getting a fairly low-miles one in the next few days. Problem is, it would be my primary car (daily commute about 15 miles each way) and I would appreciate your thoughts on the car - reliability, comfort, typical issues etc. - now that the current owners got another year or two under their belt.

I was glad to have found a thread with info (and great pictures) on fitting the baby seat, so it's nice to get this issue out of the way LOL

Thanks!
I have had my 06 GS for almost two years, now have about 18K miles and highly recommend it for daily driving. Just a great car... Knock wood, other than normal maintenance, no problems. I just drive it hard and it keeps going.

Highest recommendation!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So glad to hear that.. I can't get this car out of my head :D :D

Now for a tricky question - do you think the GT release would give me a bargaining chip when negotiating the price? I saw some discussion earlier, is there a consensus re effect on pricing of new and used GSs?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I saw that you are coming on Sunday to the Ferrari event. I will be there all day, go inside Valobra's and ask for Paul, they can find me. I use my coupe as a DD and would be happy to show you the car seat I have in the back seat. It is a greeat car for everyday. I live in the Heoghts and work in the galleria and so far have been putting about 1100 miles a month on the car with no issues. There are a few very good GS around Houston and DFW that could be had for $65k or less. I doubt that the new coupe is going to be much of a bargaining chip. The cars that are for sale are because people bought them and did not like the CC transmission. The people that like the paddles will drive the cars until the wheels fall off.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think you would have to consider how much stop and go driving, and how hilly the terrain is.

If you are always rolling, the cc will be fine.
Creeping up and down hills in stop and go traffic will shorten clutch life.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The first time I heard one pull up behind me on Westhiemer I knew one day, this would be number two in the garage. I think the car is perfect for LilSquid. I happen to know her very well. And this Gal deserves this awesome car.
Go get it, If it breaks we'll fix it.
09/27/2007 No more days off, dope:mad:

Ciao,
Andy and Enzo

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well guess what I brought home today..

This is the picture in my driveway - the car looks so beautiful this could be a postcard.. :D And yes, I had a big sh!t-eating grin all the way home..

Oh, in case you haven't figured it out - I happen to be married to the goober who posted right before me. He spotted the car at the dealership while driving down the freeway, talk about a 6th sense for Italian cars. So this is all his fault LOL

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Congrats on the purchase :)

As a recent owner of a GranSport myself, I can only say you've made the right choice :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts