Maserati Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my 1992 maserati biturbo 2.0l is having some issues with the electric current coming from the distributor to the spark plugs. So my car is currently working only on the 4th, 5th and 6th cylinders and even like that the engine is idling well, but when running the power is much lower. I have removed the spark plugs from the cylinders 1,2 and 3 and there is no electric current coming to these plugs. So far what I have done is the following:
  • I've switched the leads coming from the ignition coils( A & B in the distributor cap) and in this case with all the spark plugs removed, all the spark plugs leads have electric current, but the car doesn´t run obviously, which leads me to think that the cap and the rotor are both good;
  • With the engine working normally( all wires and ignition coils connected correctly) i've removed the lead coming from the ignition coil A to the cap with a pliers and I can see the electric tension going to the cap, however, it doesn't reach the first 3 cylinders plugs.
Does anyone have any idea of what the problem might be or if I've missed something?
Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts