Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
I've decided that rather to sell my (silver on red) 2002 Maserati Spyder Cambio, I would spend some money and give it a quasi-Grandsport look.
I've ordered the side (under door) spoilers, new front grill, etc., from Eurospares, and was hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction for custom wheels and an exhaust system.

I'm looking for a Tubi-type system (you know that sound) but without the Tubi-type price! Any suggestions? I've seen some of the options from Stebro, etc., but don't know what they would sound like. I'd really like to achieve the Ferrari sound (European?) and not a Corvette V8 rumble.

Also, I'd like to upgrade to 19" or even 20" wheels that either come in total black, or that I could have powder-coated black. (I'm trying to get a certain look happening). Is there such a thing as single or 2-piece rim that will fit a Spyder, without having to blow my brains out on 3-piece units? (actually it's my wife that would blow my brains out)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks kindly!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
'Surfboards' for my 2002 Spyder

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the body components set ya back?
The cost on the 'surfboards' is going to total at approx. $2,000 by the time they get here, although I do have a concern about them.
Some dealers have told me that there might be modifications necessary in order to make them fit my older Spyder.

Has anyone out there ever put these (Grandsport) body parts on older Coupes and Spyders?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm looking for a Tubi-type system (you know that sound) but without the Tubi-type price! Any suggestions? I've seen some of the options from Stebro, etc., but don't know what they would sound like. I'd really like to achieve the Ferrari sound (European?) and not a Corvette V8 rumble.
www.fabspeed.com I've heard it in person and a little more aggressive than the Tubi, quality is just as good, price is less than half!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts