Maserati Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into getting an 05-06 QP. I really dont like driving stock cars, so I have to make this Maserati look like my own. Im going to paint it, order aftermarket wheels (HRE, 360 Forged, VIP Modular, etc..), lower it about 1.5"-1.75", and possibly switch out the rear tails. So I am planning on painting it as soon as I get it. Has anyone repainted thier Maserati? Will it hurt the resale value? Any other cons I should think about before painting it? Also, I wanted to know if the new 09 QP GTS rear LED tailights would fit the 05-06 model. Does anyone here have a custom Maserati?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It will fit but they have to chge the whole system bc the cables of the 05 06 ones dont read well the infos of the 09..so i tried but take some times the turning signals blink after 20 seconds,the best way its to have them chge the whole system....Its costly,i got the hook up with the mgr out there,but still had to drop abt 5k

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
In terms of resale value, the simple answer is yes, it will hurt them, but do your thing and enjoy your car :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I hear ya loud and clear brotha. I am coming out from a highly modified E46 M3, and modding is in my blood.
I ordered springs and air filter from Jeff to start, and ordred a set of 360 forged wheels.
I had well over 50k in mods done to the M3, and lost my a$$ in resale, but...... it sure was fun!! :D

I say do what makes you happy and sets you apart from the rest.... as long as it makes you happy.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It will fit but they have to chge the whole system bc the cables of the 05 06 ones dont read well the infos of the 09..so i tried but take some times the turning signals blink after 20 seconds,the best way its to have them chge the whole system....Its costly,i got the hook up with the mgr out there,but still had to drop abt 5k
So you have already done this on your QP? 5k will cover the tail lights, wiring, and install right? What do you mean about the wires? I thought all wires are the same, just differant gauges. Maybe I could wire up some resistors to make it work without changing everything. I did the 04-06 LED conversion on my Lexus myself, so im pretty good at electrical things. How much were just the tails? Did you also do the new front headlight conversion? The new ones have those lil LED bulbs like an R8, I like em. Do those fit or would you have to change out the hood, bumper, core support, fenders? I wouldnt mind doing a whole face lift on an 05 or 06, anyone tried to do this? I test drove a new one, and man those are not as fun to drive as the 05/06 models.

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want to paint it the Lambo red called rosso vick. I have not seen any used RED QPs for sale. I was planning on getting white or black and then have the car resprayed.

·
Registered
2004 Honda Inspire :-)
307 Posts
^ that a beautiful car and color

·
5,887 Posts
I want to paint it the Lambo red called rosso vick. I have not seen any used RED QPs for sale. I was planning on getting white or black and then have the car resprayed.
You are right, red QPs are rare. They exist but few owners bought that color. Go with whatever makes you happy. Just know, if you repaint a luxury sedan red, resale may not ever matter since it would probably never sell ;)

If you are going to repaint, at least find a car that needs a paint job anyway and has already taken the brunt of depreciation.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
by the time you spent the money on the paint job and new front end conversion, you might as well custom order an 09 from maserati.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
You are right, red QPs are rare. They exist but few owners bought that color. Go with whatever makes you happy. Just know, if you repaint a luxury sedan red, resale may not ever matter since it would probably never sell ;)

If you are going to repaint, at least find a car that needs a paint job anyway and has already taken the brunt of depreciation.

DAY-UM! That's beautiful!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
by the time you spent the money on the paint job and new front end conversion, you might as well custom order an 09 from maserati.
I dont like the new transmission, feels like my Lexus. Even with all the people that dislike the duoselect, I personally love it. What spyder posted is exactly what I want. Does anyone know where I can get a qoute on the parts for doing the front end conversion?

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
+1 very true. The cost of a good paint job will probably run $15K or more.
I know I can get a great paint job for well under that. Anyone know of a Maserati parts dealer?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts