Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Happy New Year!!! I was looking to change the look of my 2003 Maserati Coupe GT. I asked on the forum what others have done but didn’t get much of a response. Soooo, I decided to make my own. I posted a two part video on YouTube if you’re interested in checking it out.
thanks

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hi Marcorati,

Nicely done. You had mentioned “plasti-dip”, can the plasti-dip be done in a gloss black?

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Registered
49 Posts
That looks pretty nice. I’ve never messed with a 3D printer but I find myself thinking it would come in handy for so many things automotive related

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes and no. You will need to spray black pastidip which will be matte black. Then you will need to get a can of "glossifier". It's basically Plastidip's version of clear coat. However, it will never be super glossy, instead will will be more like a semi-gloss. However, you can use "armor all" on it to give it a little extra shine. Make sure you give it plenty of coats so it is easy to remove if you ever change your mind. Good Luck!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome stuff. Are you willing to share the STLs?
Thanks Tulit. So, I really had to put a lot of extra effort into making the fit right by adding filler, sanding, shaping... step and repeat. I don't think the files are at the level to share because of that.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Marcorati, where do you get the Permabond QFS16? I tried finding it online but it seems it's not really available to the public and when I found it it seems kind of pricey. I have using baking soda for an accelerator for super glue for years, but this Permabond looks like a much better option.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Marcorati, where do you get the Permabond QFS16? I tried finding it online but it seems it's not really available to the public and when I found it it seems kind of pricey. I have using baking soda for an accelerator for super glue for years, but this Permabond looks like a much better option.
McMaster-Carr caries several accelerators. They are not cheap, but a small amount goes a long way. Here is the link: McMaster-Carr

·
Registered
856 Posts
Hi guys, Happy New Year!!! I was looking to change the look of my 2003 Maserati Coupe GT. I asked on the forum what others have done but didn’t get much of a response. Soooo, I decided to make my own. I posted a two part video on YouTube if you’re interested in checking it out.
thanks
Love the license plate 'black out' LOL
Nice workmanship (y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts