Maserati Forum banner

Current prices for GranSports

6K views 43 replies 16 participants last post by  SteveInNYC 
#1 ·
OK, seriously considering a GranSport. What do you guys feel is the low end price for a '06 GS with 5-10K miles ? I mean, I don't need asking numbers but actual selling prices. I have seen ranges from 50-70K. But wat are they actually had for.
Are certain colors harder to retail ?
Also, how much depreciation are you expecting over the next 2 years ?

Thanks

Ulf

#2 ·
What do you guys feel is the low end price for a '06 GS with 5-10K miles ?
Expect to pay $50K-$55K for a nice '06 GS with no stories, a documented service history, and clean title. Of course, with all Italian cars, you get what you pay for. Buy the cheapest example you can find and you will end up with just that.

Are certain colors harder to retail ?
Yes, some colors are harder to sell than others just due to supply and demand. Azzurro Argentina (light blue), for example, is a color that just won't sell without a significant price break. Some of the more common colors, like silver or black, are in the middle of the range. For the most part, Maserati uses fairly reserved colors for their cars. For this reason, I didn't mind paying a premium when I was able to find a red one :)

Also, how much depreciation are you expecting over the next 2 years ?
Tons. These things seem to depreciate like there is no tomorrow. It really is too bad. Awesome cars, just not enough demand to keep prices up.

#3 ·
Tons. These things seem to depreciate like there is no tomorrow. It really is too bad. Awesome cars, just not enough demand to keep prices up.
Thanks for your input.

So is 10-15% per year a real number for depreciation from now on ? I mean eventually even a GS has to bottom out somewhere right ? Can you really see a GS go from 50 to 30K in 2 years from now ?

#4 ·
I disagree with TravisJ.

First, you won't find a good 2006 GS for US$ 50-55k;

Second, with the next Masearati in the lineup being the Granturismo at over $100k, I don't think the GS prices will drop that much during the next couple of years. IMO.

#6 ·
Second, with the next Masearati in the lineup being the Granturismo at over $100k, I don't think the GS prices will drop that much during the next couple of years. IMO.
well, I wish it where that easy to believe. The Granturismo will drag the GS down no doubt, but I keep hearing horror stories from used car dealers that Maseratis will continue to depreciate at a rate of 20% per year. That would be totally unacceptable to me, since I will finance mine. The GS will not be my daily driver but toy car so I can live with some depreciation, but 20% would be killer. If that is the case, I would be better of buying a Ferrari (incl. the $$ for maintenance) since he older models have almost bottomed out. :rolleyes:
I do like the GS though :confused:

#7 ·
I wonder if Maserati would have depreciated to this extent if the manufacturer didn't offer
such an attractive lease option when they first rolled out. It seems as though quite a few 1st time buyers leased the vehicle, drove them like a leased daily driver, then turned them back after 2-3-4 years....

#8 ·
You mean they drove like the car is supposed to be driven. I don't see anything wrong with it, quite the opposite, I don't understand someone buying a nice expensive car and keeping it in the garage so they have a better resale price.:rolleyes:

#9 ·
I will be keeping mine in the garage simply because of my job, need a truck. If I could I would take it everywhere. But luckily Sat and Sun are beautiful in Florida, especially this time of year. I was completely taken by surprise when I found out how "affordable" they are! I still have not seen one around town in Tampa, and I do a lot of driving. I have seen a hand full of QP but no Coupes or GranSports. I don't personally own a Maser at the moment, but will in the near future and I can care less about the resale value. I feel as if this will be the first car I run till the wheels fall off. I think it will be discomforting you if you are constantly stressing the loss of value of your car, you simply wont enjoy it. Cheers and good luck on your hunt. I'm not sure of which I will end up with but it's going to be a fun journey!

Joe

#12 ·
Have you guys seen this Gransport "NO RESERVE" Auction on ebay ? Current bid $33K. I ran a Carfax on it, and it does look good (2nd Owner):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars...id=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:7|39:1|240:1318

Warranty about to expire, but below 8K Miles.
I am wondering how much it will go for. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't go over $42K. They might bid on it themselves (or somebody does it for them) right before the auction ends.

Ulf

#17 ·
a little over 2 days to go and bid is at $40K. Like mentioned, I am certain that they will pull the auction or bid themselves if it doesn't hit $48-$50K on the last day.

Have not seen many GS or Coupes seen sold lately on ebay. Makes it a buyers market :cool:

#14 · (Edited)
5000-10000 miles mint car 60-65k

Bianco Fuji color is amazing and rare

I bought this one in February with 1000 miles on it for 71k has everything option wise sticker was 125k

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

#15 ·
In most cases, sellers will end a no reserve auction early if price does not go high enough. Here is the disclosure from the e-bay listing in question...

"We reserve the right to end this listing at anytime should the vehicle no longer be available for sale."

#16 ·
Awesome car

I recently purchased a 2005 GS with 7400 miles. I could have (afforded to) purchased an F360 (or 355) but couldn't bring myself to justify NOT buying the Maserati for the level of awesomeness that the $55k (I paid)provides(also, I predicted the current economic cr@p....).
Now, 3 months later (and 1000 trouble free miles) I absolutly made the right choice.
This car is great. I have only seen 2 others (GT and Q- no GS's :)) in Houston but I still see at least 1 ferrari a week (too many :D). I love the exclusivity AND the looks/stares/thumbs-up/up-front-valet-parking/smiling girls/etc.

Great car great choice buy it, don't worry about the $$, enjoy this gem of a car.

IMHO

Eddie:rolleyes:

#18 ·
My Mercedes took 8 years to reach a value of $0 (trans failed and would have cost more to repair than the car was worth). I imagine the same thing will be true of my 2006 GS Maser around 2014, or maybe earlier.

Have to decide whether to sell it next year and get a "normal" car, or just ride it down to the ground.

#22 ·
WHY NOT?

maybe the seller took a gamble by having no reserve, and obviously lost his shirt. could happen..has happened many times before...

usually though the seller will come up with some excuse as to why he will no longer go through with finalizing the sale. or in today's market he may just desperately need the cash.

Only 1 or 2 people really know for sure. I just wish i was one of them.

#24 ·
Could have been a number of things...

1) Shill bidder
2) Deal won't close
3) Legit deal but the car had a "story" that was not disclosed on ebay
3) Legit car, buyer, and seller (seller just got desperate)

It is not uncommon for tiny used car dealers to run into cash flow problems and start unloading. Some dealers use a model of selling wholesale to the public. $40K probably still leaves some profit over the wholesale price. Either way, one sale of one car doesn't set the market.

#28 ·
I had an offer accepted for a 2006 5300 miles GS (full leather) for $54K. I chickened out though. At this point I am not sure how this market is going to develope. I will wait a while. Was also offered a 2005 12000 mile GS for $51K without further negotiations. Market is definitely taking a BIG dive.

#34 ·
On my sheet it shows Bianco Fuji was a $5,300 option. My car msrp was $125,587. big options were paint color-full leather package (int2) radio-nav-gps-gsmphone almost 7k for this and the leather. So far so good with this car.

#35 ·
Man, the prices have tanked and it is hard not to pull the trigger. On the other hand, if I wait a little longer I might be able to buy one for under 20K at the end of the year. JK.
It is sad to see how the market has developed for these fine cars.

#36 ·
Hey guys,
We just picked up a 06 Mas GS.
Red/ Tan. Full leather.
Upgrade OE stereo (whatever its called)
Interior is perfect...
Exterior, 4 small rock chips.
All records.
Everything checked out and had a few
recent servicing issues that were sorted...fresh battery, clutch etc.
Paid $53,000
Car is gorgeous...spent last Sunday doing the whole Zymol thing and
have to say I was impressed with the paint etc. BETTER paint vs our MBs or past Porsches.
Will this car depreciate...of course. I am guessing that we will see this beast depreciate to $30k ish in the next 36 months. So, $20k ish loss.
If we take great care of it and keep the miles low...it may be worth more. The overall MSRP to current value depreciation curve is no greater than ANY car in this range. Get this...our 08 SL550 has a MSRP or $110k...we paid $89. The 27 month off lease residual is set for $63. We were considering selling the car sooner...so I asked the MB dealer what the current market value is.....current market value...$63k. I asked him what he thought it would be worth based on current trends in 12 months..when its off lease....he told me maybe $40k! THINK ABOUT THAT....less than half in 27 months. Thats sick.
Anyway, all of us are lucky/blessed to have these cars when so many others are facing such hardship. If we have to suffer a little loss in value...not such a bad deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.