Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Have been searching threads for a trickle charger, especially for winter storage coming up. 05 Coupe.

I see lots of mention of the CTEK 3300 but it looks like those are discontinued. Used versions on eBay have high shipping costs to Canada.

Are there common alternatives you can recommend? I see some Noco options here: Search: 10 results found for "charger*"

Thanks!

·
Registered
2006 Gransport LE
641 Posts
Most trickle chargers are fine. Walmart has a few for under $20

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi all,

Have been searching threads for a trickle charger, especially for winter storage coming up. 05 Coupe.

I see lots of mention of the CTEK 3300 but it looks like those are discontinued. Used versions on eBay have high shipping costs to Canada.

Are there common alternatives you can recommend? I see some Noco options here: Search: 10 results found for "charger*"

Thanks!

RJ 237 also mentioned it. I was so happy with the one for the Maserati I bought two of these for my other cars. They worked fine.

I thought hard about the less expensive models. Probably there is money to be saved. But it was just a fact that the first CTEK actually extended the life of my factory Maserati battery to 12 years, There is a long explanation of how this works in the CTEK manual. I would read the manuals for the cheaper versions to see if they at least claim to have this function.

Also, as I was to travel for a while and leave the device hooked up to my car in the house, it seemed that the risk of a cheap one starting a fire was not worth it. Paranoid perhaps, but that was the other consideration.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the perspectives! Agreed on a good brand, leaving it plugged in for the winter I'll want something that feels reputable. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Team:
I own a 2012 GT MCim leaving for a vacation and plugged in the Maserati branded battery tender...
After one hour I checked and felt the unit bring very hot, is that normal ?
The one on my Motorcycle does not produce and heat... So, I m concerned.. should I be ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Team:
I own a 2012 GT MCim leaving for a vacation and plugged in the Maserati branded battery tender...
After one hour I checked and felt the unit bring very hot, is that normal ?
The one on my Motorcycle does not produce and heat... So, I m concerned.. should I be ?

Thanks !

Possible if battery was run down a bit. Should keep the car on it if not driving daily (or if only short trips).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks.. I daily drive the car, so battery is in excellent condition.
Strange about the tender getting so hot.
Never used this one before, and it was already installed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts