Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noted a new crease on top of rt. front fender. No damage to paint,no evidence of vandalism. Can this occur from body flex? Dent is over rt. wheel well. Can going over a pothole do this? Also, can a svce. tech do this by leaning on fender during service? It's a real mystery. Any ideas as to possible origin? I'll have one of those "dent busters" do the repair through the wheel well. ($100-150):confused:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Front wings are prone to denting by leaning on them. Seen about 3 cars with the typical "hand plam" mark, subtle, you only notice because of slight distortion in the light reflection, but once you know it's there, you cannot stop looking at it.

One of those mobile dent repairers should take care of it.

I have even seen a front bonnet smashed from the inside... as if someone left a wrench into the engine bay in the worst possible place, and slammed the bonnet shut.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front wings are prone to denting by leaning on them. Seen about 3 cars with the typical "hand plam" mark, subtle, you only notice because of slight distortion in the light reflection, but once you know it's there, you cannot stop looking at it.

One of those mobile dent repairers should take care of it.

I have even seen a front bonnet smashed from the inside... as if someone left a wrench into the engine bay in the worst possible place, and slammed the bonnet shut.
You're dead on. It's driving me crazy. Going to try to get it fixed tomorrow.
These damn exotics are an incurablle mental disorder.
Thanks.
Nielsq

·
Registered
660 Posts
You're dead on. It's driving me crazy. Going to try to get it fixed tomorrow.
These damn exotics are an incurablle mental disorder.
Thanks.
Nielsq
You will get it sorted, no probs. Just choose a reputable company.

·
Registered
513 Posts
My car was purposely dented by a shopping cart on the lip of the drivers side rear wheel well

I had a paintless dent person look at it, and they cannot do it. If your dent is on the outer rim of the wheel well, there something behind the actual body which prohibits them from grabbing from behind the dent.

·
Registered
660 Posts
My car was purposely dented by a shopping cart on the lip of the drivers side rear wheel well

I had a paintless dent person look at it, and they cannot do it. If your dent is on the outer rim of the wheel well, there something behind the actual body which prohibits them from grabbing from behind the dent.
I think now they have some special suction-pump tool which gives them a comparable result to massaging the dent from behind. Agree it will not be as strong (the dent might pop-back) but they use them to remove dents from the tops (which are difficult to deal with).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Dent is fixed. It was on top of rt. fender and accessible from under wheelwell. It was a little tough because there is some sort of box under the fender with hoses.
Repair looks great. Cost $125.
Repairer said it was probably caused by serv. tech.,leaning on fender.
Check front fenders after having service done.
Thanks to all involved in this thread.

Nielsq

1 - 9 of 9 Posts