Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get into my car yesterday after not driving it for two days. I put in a CD, all is well for about 10 minutes. Then for no reason, the entire nav screen goes blank while I am driving. A few seconds later the screen comes back on and the CD goes to a different track at a loud volume and I have no control over anything. I can not change the CD track, lower the volume or turn it off. I pull over, park and turn the car off.... About 30 seconds later WITH THE CAR OFF.. The radio goes back on and its playing the CD... But the screen is blank????

Then everything finally shuts off. I start the car up, take out the CD and put on a radio station.. The same thing happens... The radio station and NAV unit will turn on and off on its own??

Its like my car is alive??

Can anyone offer an suggestions or solutions?

CM

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've had my radio/NAV system "reboot" a few times during driving. At a random time, it will just shut off for a few seconds, then boot back up. Sometimes at a different volume, but I have always been able to use the controls after this. Nothing to the degree you've experienced, but doesn't surprise me with these cars :) Let us know if you get this looked at and someone determines the cause.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Using the MMC card-MP3 feature in my radio occasionally has the same effect. I've always been able to get things back to normal by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Most of the time, just powering-off the ignition for a minute is enough.

·
Registered
86 Posts
-NEVER FORGET-

WE ARE DRIVING ITALIAN CARS
ALL THESE ARE JUST "A WALK IN THE PARK" SO COMMON SO USUAL
Don't worry it will surely happen again

·
Registered
835 Posts
-NEVER FORGET-

WE ARE DRIVING ITALIAN CARS
ALL THESE ARE JUST "A WALK IN THE PARK" SO COMMON SO USUAL
Don't worry it will surely happen again
don't be such a pessimist :) I have not had any radio problems. could it be because I don't have an ipod also...hehe...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys,
I realize this is an older post but did anyone ever get to the bottom of the issue with their radio randomly shutting off and on?
My car is doing the same and would be great to get a fix on the cause.
Thanks
João

·
Registered
583 Posts
Common problem caused by sub-standard stereo equipment. No remedy other than to replace the stereo with a better unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread back up but it's the first I found through the forum search.

My radio turns on automatically after about 10 minutes drive but won't turn off anymore.
I can adjust the volume but nothing else. I have to turn the car off to shut off the radio.

Is there really no remedy and I have to replace the entire unit?
If so, just replace it with a new OEM Maserati one or any alternatives?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Take it out and look at the wiring.
I've heard of this happen when your heater core goes and coolant starts spilling on the wiring causing shorts and reboots....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts