Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I guess after 2k miles I'm having a small problem with the Coupe. When I unlock the car, the passenger side door unlocks fine but the driver's side unlocks and locks real quick and won't allow me to open the door. Car drives fine, I just hate having to crawl through the passenger side door in a $70k car!

Anyone else had the problem before? Central Florida dealer says they've seen it, just a wire that needs to replaced. I'll be taking it into the dealer on Monday (may as well take advantage of the warranty).

All in all the only problem with the car, 2k miles in 30 days, plan to drive it another 1.2k miles the next 7 days so we'll see how that goes!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fred said:
Try using the manual key to unlock the door. (you will still need to chirp the security system)
Same deal.

On a side note I did fix it, I would post what the real problem was but it's beyond stupid.

Basically whenever I wash my car, I don't go through it and dry it like most people do. I dry it the old fashioned way if you know what I mean. I guess because the car is wet, the door can't properly seal and it often gets stuck. I haven't had the problem before but I talked with my stepbrother who borrowed the car last month and said he had the same problem after washing it. So moral of the story, take your time and dry the car properly so your door doesn't get stuck (it really gets stuck, you can't open it from the outside)

Anyways, ignore my thread, I made a dumb one.

·
Registered
312 Posts
MVP said:
So I guess after 2k miles I'm having a small problem with the Coupe. When I unlock the car, the passenger side door unlocks fine but the driver's side unlocks and locks real quick and won't allow me to open the door. Car drives fine, I just hate having to crawl through the passenger side door in a $70k car!

Anyone else had the problem before? Central Florida dealer says they've seen it, just a wire that needs to replaced. I'll be taking it into the dealer on Monday (may as well take advantage of the warranty).

All in all the only problem with the car, 2k miles in 30 days, plan to drive it another 1.2k miles the next 7 days so we'll see how that goes!
Maybe one of those $500 carbon fiber keys would solve the problem?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kbrookings said:
Maybe one of those $500 carbon fiber keys would solve the problem?
LOL! That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had some problem on the door wire harness connector which is on the A-pillar. The rubber weather seal around the male connector (the end coming out of the door) is not seated properly to create a perfect seal.

So I am guessing; when you were doing the car wash, there might be excess water getting into the connector and shorted something. When the connector is dried up, the door started to work again.

I discovered the this fault when I was gently pulling on the wire harness. You can give it a gentle pull to see if it make your door unlock/lock intermittently.

Mine was so bad, that when the door is open, I couldn't get the door mirror to work correctly. I pressed the memory key, the seat moved to position, but the mirror would stuck on the ground-looking position.

·
Registered
339 Posts
dchao said:
I had some problem on the door wire harness connector which is on the A-pillar. The rubber weather seal around the male connector (the end coming out of the door) is not seated properly to create a perfect seal.

So I am guessing; when you were doing the car wash, there might be excess water getting into the connector and shorted something. When the connector is dried up, the door started to work again.

I discovered the this fault when I was gently pulling on the wire harness. You can give it a gentle pull to see if it make your door unlock/lock intermittently.

Mine was so bad, that when the door is open, I couldn't get the door mirror to work correctly. I pressed the memory key, the seat moved to position, but the mirror would stuck on the ground-looking position.

I had similar problems with my door wires/seals and was fixed under warranty. The rubber seal not being set completely was pulling and effecting my temp sensor in the drivers mirror.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts