Maserati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 QP DuoSelect
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My understanding is that the 2005 QP does not have a PCV. Does the Secondary Air Valve (part of the "additional air system") play this role?
I ask as I suspect I may have an issue with excessive crankcase oil pressure that may be causing oil in the intake.
Thanks in advance for any guidance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wet sump 4.2, blue camcovers and ZF transmission, so normal automatic shift stick. First ones produced in 2007. Dry sump red covers and small t-handle to shift. If you check the oil on a dry sump like you would do on a wet sump car, you will overfill and have oil all over the intake plenum. So RTFM!

·
Registered
2005 QP DuoSelect
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is a 2005, red cam cover, F1/duoselect transmission. In this wet sump version, one checks oil level and fills the oil reservoir tank. Still wondering how the system may deal with, or not deal with high pressure within crankcase. Anyone know?

4,007 Posts
If you have an oil reservoir than you have dry sump...A 2005 car is a dry sump car...The most common cause of oil in the intake is being overfilled with oil...You need to check the oil level on the reservoir with the engine running warm....Secondary air valve is for emissions...Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts