Maserati Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,835 Posts
This car has more crackling sounds than anything I have driven, both when starting / in the first minute or so, as well as after turning off the engine and cooling off. Yet, none of those noises seemed to me as there was anything wrong ..and after all these years it appears my instinct was right ; whatever it is - exhaust, lifters , fuel pump , dripping condensation, heat shields, or whatnot else , it hasn’t had a single problem yet , so I’m ignoring all of those snap crackle and pop things, thinking they’re “ normal “ .

·
Registered
109 Posts
This car has more crackling sounds than anything I have driven, both when starting / in the first minute or so, as well as after turning off the engine and cooling off. Yet, none of those noises seemed to me as there was anything wrong ..and after all these years it appears my instinct was right ; whatever it is - exhaust, lifters , fuel pump , dripping condensation, heat shields, or whatnot else , it hasn’t had a single problem yet , so I’m ignoring all of those snap crackle and pop things, thinking they’re “ normal “ .
I imagine it's the cars way of saying "that was a hell of a drive....aight I'm gonna wind down now"

·
Registered
974 Posts
Ha ha at least the metric system makes sense... but if you like, I can convert that pic of my temperature reading for you from celcius to friggenheit.... :ROFLMAO:
On that note though, -40c is -40f. Yes, it was that cold!!! And once the wind chill was added it was almost at 50 below.:eek:
That only lasted for a week though, then it warmed up.
Warmed up to what, -25c.... That's Polar Bear weather Bro! lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
In a way I kind of like that the AC drips on the exhaust because I never get water in my garage, but I wonder what it's doing to the exhaust!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts